What's the ding dang deal with Sharesale merchants taking forever to approve/disapprove affiliate applications? I just put up a new mall website about 3 weeks ago featuring a butt load of Sharesale merchants. Merchant's lack of response makes me wonder if they are serious about their affiliate programs. Some merchants don't answer their email either.

So how long should I wait for a merchant to respond to an application before I write them off?
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

We are set for Auto-Approval! Anyone wanting to promote us can! The parasite free network gave me the confidence to set our program on auto-approve!

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Watchmaker, I have a watch catagory and I'll be glad to add your watches to my new site.

Thank!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Hi Travelin' Man - from a merchant's point of view, I don't see any reason for a long delay in the approval process. Here's an overview of what the merchants see when an affiliate has applied to join...
    Immediately after an affiliate signs up for a program, the merchant receives an email. It has a link to the affiliate's main URL and it tells us if the affiliate is "limited" or "full" status along with some other identifying info (county of origin, ID #, etc). We then check out the affiliate's website and choose whether or not to approve or disapprove. This whole process takes about 5 minutes.
    ...OR...
    We can set it up for auto-approval. We still get the same email with the same affilate info telling us that a new affiliate has joined. We can choose to go in there and disapprove after the fact if necessary. Again - 5 minutes tops.
    My point is, there is no reason for a merchant to go more than 24 hours or so without approval/disapproval unless they completely close up shop over a weekend (which is unfathomable to me as an internet based merchant).

Anyway, I hope this helps. If you have any more question, just let me know.

Teri Fritts (owner)
    teri@dogdecor.com
    DogDecor.com Gift Shop for Dog Lovers
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=5247

Internet Cowboy
    The merchants I have with SAS have been pretty fast.
    I don't recall ever waiting on one.

ABW Ambassador
    We are set for Auto-Approval!

We WATCH new affliates.
    So far there have been no BAD persons.

www.ixap.com

Hey Travelin' Man,

We like to screen all apps prior to registration, but we get to them pretty quick. Have you joined our checked out our program yet? There's no better way to travel locally than by scooter!

just forget those pending ones.

Affiliate Manager
    We are on auto-approve as well. You can sign on and will be approved immediately. We would then check out your site and let you know if there is any problems.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    So how long should I wait for a merchant to respond to an application before I write them off?
    \

If they don't pay enough care and attention to their affiliate program to process applications at least once a week or so, they are not worth dealing with, period. The bright side is that the merchant has probably saved you from future headaches by giving you an advance signal that they don't give a hoot.

Modern Artisans also likes to screen applications. However, we do have a fast turnaround on approvals. If we are not part of your "butt load" yet, be sure to check us out!

OK, I will admit that we have a couple of applications sitting in limbo that we have not approved!!! However, we have not approved either of these sites because they are foreign sites that are not working. Although many sites outside of the US are immediately approved, we like to review foreign sites because we do not currently ship overseas.

A merchant has no business ignoring the emails of an affilate. As you can see from the list of merchants that have responded to you in this forum, many are more than willing to help you out and actively communicate.

Good Luck!
    Bart Leatherman
    Modern Artisans
    Bart at <A HREF=http://www.modernartisans.com>Modern Artisans</A>... Artful Living for Home, Garden & Soul.
    <A HREF=https://shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=4349>Shareasale Affiliate Program</A>

Hey Travlin Man:

We like to screen all apps prior to registration, but we turn around pretty quick.

Check our program, we sell outdoor gear from Kiteboarding, Skateboarding, Hiking, Climbing and Backpacking.

Cheers,

Sharon Page
    Affiliate Manager

this bears on an old gripe some of us have, in a way . . .

also check the merchant details for those who are "temporarily offline."

enough said.

Affiliate Manager
    We are also set on auto-approve. We do review all of the affiliates who sign up for our program, but have never had a problem with any of them. I hope that you will give our program a look. (TM... we are also an Arizona-based company!)

Melissa Canepa Murphy
    CrazyforBargains.com -- Fun Sleepwear for the Whole Family
    12% Commission | SAS Parasite Free | Data Feed
    Join Now to Make More Money This Holiday Season

Wow what a great response. Thanks! I have pretty much steered clear of network merchants for a long time because of problems. As my experience and websites grow I can't do that anymore.

I've always read good things here about Shareasale and decided to build a mall site almost exclusively of SAS merchants. I've got a great start with over 50 listed. I've found that some merchants (specifically ones that are doing well with affiliates) take much longer to approve/disapprove applicants. At this time I have several apps that have been pending for nearly 3 weeks. I'll drop those soon and go with a competitor. Ah well I'll keep plugging away. Building pages, pages, pages, pages, pages

Thanks to all!
    Travelin' Man

Travelin' Man,

I just noticed your location, living RV USA. RV's and scooters! That's a match!!! We get a lot of RV'ers buying our scooters. They use them for local travel when they park the RV.

Hope to see you on board... if you're not already.

quote:
    Originally posted by Frank - UrbanScooters.com:
    Travelin' Man,

I just noticed your location, living RV USA. RV's and scooters! That's a match!!! We get a lot of RV'ers buying our scooters. They use them for local travel when they park the RV.

Hope to see you on board... if you're not already.

Excellent point Frank! I do see people riding scooters in the RV parks I'm in. Some parks are very large and many of the old timers can use scooters. I have some ideas and think I can work with your products. I'll sign on soon.

Thanks for dropping me a line!
    Travelin' Man

Sounds good Travelin' Man! If you have any questions about our program, don't hesitate to ask.

I just posted about pending applications

I wish I would've seen this thread beforehand
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread