you apply to join a program?

I received another congratulations and welcome message emailed to me with a datafeed link (still don't know how to use them anyway)
    but when I signed into my SaS account, I'm still "pending" with that merchant.

So what happens after you apply to a program?
    Does the merchant have to go into their SaS account and approve you manually or something?

I'm really curious because it's the second time this happened

Thanks
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Many merchants use auto approve.. some for various reasons want to look at each request to join... these requests have to be approved manually...

so, till they are approved you will see the pending notice...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

this merchant didn't auto approve so I knew I was going to have to wait a bit.

It just confuses me when I get that email congratulating me, yet I'm still "pending"

Oh well!

ABW Ambassador
    You should contact the merchant directly and inquire. From the sounds of things, they may be confused too, and may not realize that they have affiliate applications to process.

contacting the merchant is a good idea because I'm still "pending" today

I'm pretty sure they're new to SaS as well

HomeFlower,

The merchant has the ability to produce a few different form letters through SAS. There's one letter that's supposed to go out when an app is received and pending review and a second letter that's supposed to go out when an app has been accepted. It looks like the merchant in question is using an acceptance letter for both. Your best bet is to contact the merchant directly.

It sounds like you have questions about the datafeeds as well. We have a DataFeed Basics post in our forum that you might find helpful. It's specific to UrbanScooters.com, but most of the information applies to SAS DataFeed use in general. Take a look.

I contacted the merchant through the SaS contact page and still nothing.

Maybe this is an omen....

Hi HomeFlower,

I'm a new SAS member myself and I feel your pain. I've joined about 50 merchants in the last 30 days for my new mall site and have been putting pages up hot and heavy. I've decided to wait a week for merchants to approve/disapprove my application. If I don't hear from the merchant by then I drop their program. This just tells me they aren't serious about their programs. I don't need merchants like that on my site.

Just my thoughts, good luck.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

agreed also -- when I'm in the mood to build I'm also applying to new programs. Getting an answer weeks later is useless as I'm in another project by then that is probably irrelevant.

quote:
    I've decided to wait a week for merchants to approve/disapprove my application. If I don't hear from the merchant by then I drop their program. This just tells me they aren't serious about their programs. I don't need merchants like that on my site.

I agree with you.
    After writing the merchant and waiting patiently, I still am pending.

quote:
    when I'm in the mood to build I'm also applying to new programs. Getting an answer weeks later is useless as I'm in another project by then that is probably irrelevant.

My heart just isn't into representing this merchant anymore......there's others out there selling similar product.

I just need to find them

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread