We are in the process of redoing our datafeed export tool. I just uploaded our most recent one, which includes several image sizes, my question is, what else do you want to see?

In addition to all the standard information ShareASale requests, I added a custom field for a second thumbnail size. So:

“URL to image” - Full size image (depends on product, but generally 315 X 420).
    “URL to thumbnail” - 200 X 200 image.
    “Custom 1” – 100 X 100 image.

I can easily add different sized images, category information, zoom (detail) images, a cross-promote, etc.. I have another 4 custom fields, what should I add that affiliates will actually use?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    a cross-promote, etc..

As long as it's got all the relevant AFF ID information included, *that* would be great!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Category information would be nice.

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    As long as it's got all the relevant AFF ID information included, *that* would be great!

The ShareASale datafeed is generic, so I would supply the URL and you would add your AFF ID information the same way you do for the product URL... does that work?
    quote:
    Category information would be nice.

That I can easily do, so for now you would get: Metal Bar Stools, Swivel Bar Stools, Counter Stools, Wood Bar Stools, Leather Bar Stools, Oak Bar Stools, Game Table Chairs, Game Tables, Home Bars, Bistro Tables. (I am assuming that is what you meant).

quote:
    a cross-promote, etc..

Michael from ShareASale wrote:
    If the question about the related items is the one you were not sure about - I would recommend including the related item SKU. This way, a user could cross reference and easily get a direct product link. You could also use a ShareASale productID, but that would be a little more work on your part. You can also include just a URL - affiliates can create their own product links with a landing URL.

Do you have a preference on how to do this?

quote:
    Originally posted by NotTakenID:
    quote:
    a cross-promote, etc..

Michael from ShareASale wrote:

If the question about the related items is the one you were not sure about - I would recommend including the related item SKU. This way, a user could cross reference and easily get a direct product link. You could also use a ShareASale productID, but that would be a little more work on your part. You can also include just a URL - affiliates can create their own product links with a landing URL.

_Do you have a preference on how to do this?_

OK, I feel like I am conversing with myself, but I figured I would play this one out...

I just sent Michael our new datafeed. In addition to the traditional info, it has:

custom 1 - 100x100 thumbnails.
    custom 2 - site category name (game tables, home bars, etc.).
    custom 3 - the URL for the cross-promote (if available).
    Custom 4 - Sales Rank (1 being our best seller).
    Custom 5 - [OPEN TO SUGESTIONS]

So, it should be up shortly and I remain open to suggestions for what to put in "Custom 5". Until that time, I will stop replying to myself
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 6th, 2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Image spam

Not an affiliate of yours, but might sign up someday. I like the extra datafeed columns though, I think they would be useful.

quote:
    Originally posted by Bubbles:
    Not an affiliate of yours, but might sign up someday. I like the extra datafeed columns though, I think they would be useful.

Thanks, but more importantly why aren't you an affiliate yet?
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 6th, 2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Removed image.

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread