Hi everyone,

Seems like ages since my last post.

As I try to match sales with my personal stats, I realized it would be helpful if I had the following answer to a question concerning stats.

Are they real time or close to it, or do they record the time of the sale when stats are updated? In other words, if I see a sale showing 10/27/2004 07:53.09 PM under the date column, would that represent the time the customer finalized the purchase, or does that time represent when the sale was entered where the actual purchase could have been hours earlier (assuming stats are not real time)?

Hope I am being clear.

Thanks

On the merchant side they are at the same time the sale was made. (It has to be so they know if they need to take more money or not.)

I would assume that would be true for the affiliate side also. Seems like it would all pull from the same database.

Well, then I guess if what you say holds true on the affiliate end, I would have to take into account the cookie factor where they may land on my page but bookmark the merchant page and purchase later.

I would like to see the ip address of the purchaser in the stats available to affiliates also. Not sure if that would tie in with any privacy policy or not, but it would make it a cinch to match up sales with my stats which would give some valuable information on where they came from etc etc etc...

Thanks Bob!

let me get this straight...

1) all of the merchant stats are "real time" including unique visits, sales etc?

2) all of the affiliate stats are "real time" incuding unique visits, sales etc?

This is a question I'm getting from affiliates but I'm unsure how to answer it.

thanks in advance.

I am not 100% sure about the affiliate side; BUT if I was wrong Brian would have corrected me.

Internet Cowboy
    Shareasale is the only one of the networks that actually counts in real time.
    I check links from time to time and 100% of the time they show up immediately.
    I like that

I just checked on the affiliate side and it seems that is in real time as well!

thats good news. It's real time for both the merchant and affiliates. Although I have no experience with other affiliate networks it seems that shareasales has good tracking technologies and a simple to use merchant and affiliate interface.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread