This holiday shopping season for me was pathetic. I geared up all year for this time of year. I built 65 sites tweaked coded programmed and lost tons of sleep FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres why.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...9941044211&p=7

I hope you stinking disgusting leacherous criminal parasites are all happy. And a merry f****ng xmas to you all.

you're not alone...

I and many others have the same problem...

if it were not for PPC, this year would have been a complete bust!

If you have read my previous posts about PPC you know I'm spending more then most make in 3 months working a day job... on PPC... per month

My solution has been to bring the customer to my targeted sales page with PPC the next click is the order page.

it's expensive but it's working... necessity has forced me to become one of those PPC guys Mike is always ranting about!

What am I suppose to do.. get a day job

I dont think so! I'd rather be homeless

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I did better than last year. Put up several new domains this year. But sold hardly anything via LS. Most came from indies or one particularly targeted merchant at CJ.

chop-chop time is coming . . .

I don't know anything about any of your 65 new sites, but perhaps you would do better building a single site (or a few sites) that people find useful. It's hard to do justice to any one site when you spread yourself so thin.

You certainly can't blame parasites for your lack of success. All of us face parasites every day, and many of us had incredible sales during the holiday season.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    What Micheal said. Parasites are a constant, they affect everybody, yet there are affiliates that grow each month, hit new highs etc. Blaming parasites won't get you to what the real problem is. So whether you go up or down each month is pretty much on you.

And you blamed it all on parasites?

Fred

I agree with trust, to blame it all on parasites... is a bit much... but this is something we all live with... and many of us are prospering..

the old saying "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" comes to mind!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Yeah, don't blame it all on the parasites.

Some of your competition right here on this board, bragging about how great they do, seems to want to take some of the credit. I'd blame them. :-)

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Anyways. I feel your pain. It is really frustrating at times.

Chuck

how do you keep up with 65 sites?
    I have a hard time keeping up with 2, in fact I spend most of my time on 1.

I would love to have 10 sites doing as well or better than the 1 but it takes SOOOO much time to keep that 1 flourishing, I just can't imagine..

Goodness,

65 sites...!

what the..

how do you goto the bathroom with all of that on?

I wish you the best of luck this upcomming year.

quote:
    Originally posted by buy_online:
    And you blamed it _all_ on parasites?

Fred

Fred I blame it all on you actually.

"Fred I blame it all on you actually."

If it were true, I'd gladly buy everyone here lunch - heheh...

Fred

Internet Cowboy
    Merchants who partner with parasites are easy to find. Most of the Ebates, etc. of the world readily show who their merchants are.
    I have taken a zero tolerance policy regarding these merchants. I still have some on my sites, but will not once I have been back to work for a week or two, after the 1st of the year.

I would suggest spending the year re-doing your 65 sites with merchants who are parasite-free, but be careful because if that doesn't work out you might have to look within to find the real cause of the problems.

You might also want to take a look at this thread

quote:
    Originally posted by scohaz:
    I would suggest spending the year re-doing your 65 sites with merchants who are parasite-free

I did that last year. Thanks for the ideas though.

quote:
    Originally posted by martyOgelvie:
    how do you keep up with 65 sites?
    I have a hard time keeping up with 2, in fact I spend most of my time on 1.

I would love to have 10 sites doing as well or better than the 1 but it takes SOOOO much time to keep that 1 flourishing, I just can't imagine..

I wish I could tell you how but if I did then I would have to shoot you. j/k.

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Originally posted by brianboru:
    quote:
    I would suggest spending the year re-doing your 65 sites with merchants who are parasite-free

So how did the parasites steal your commission if you have all parasite free merchants?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by loxly:
    quote:
    Originally posted by brianboru:
    quote:

So how did the parasites steal your commission if you have all parasite free merchants?

Oh my!! Very Interesting!

We have over 30 sites but many run on auto pilot (dynamic updates) I couldn't image trying to keep up 60 plus sites for one person. Think of this - Is is better to make a living from one site or make the same amount spread across 60 sites? Your New Years Resolution may be to eradicate non-performing domains - yes, sell them off! -- and concentrate on the remaining performing domains. Keep on extricating non-performing sites until you whittle down your "family of websites" to a manageable number.

Debbie's observation...
    "So how did the parasites steal your commission if you have all parasite free merchants? "

Sorry Brian, it's a good question. Were you just venting at the top of the thread?

Fred

quote:
    Originally posted by Gjenvick - Gjønvik:
    Think of this - Is is better to make a living from one site or make the same amount spread across 60 sites?
    But that's just it. Brian is saying that he's not making anything from his 65 sites. Better to build one profitable site (or a few) than 65 that aren't profitable. Once you get one site profitable (and relatively automated, as you suggested), it's time to build another.

One site can work well. I think Pierre Omidyar only built one site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Not to mention, it is getting harder to rank new sites (especially in Google). If you are serious about having 65 websites, come up with a promotion strategy.

ABW Ambassador
    65 sites is just too many not to learn anything about which things are working and which are not.

unless they're all basically the same, and you got the business model that doesn't work.

This was my first holiday shopping season in consumer retail products and the only reason sales were higher in December was because there were more pages and more PPC ads in December than any other month.

Had there not been an extra push in December it wouldn't have been a very good month. Seems like the field is simply getting more competitive.

quote:

Whats the definition of a Parasite? Is Gator - Gain considered a Parasite? If so an exaple of what Gator does is feed off keywords on a website. Most examples I see from Gator will be I click on a link on my site which could be all parasite free merchants but as soon as I go to the merchants site Gator throws a pop-up up with another merchants advertisement. Just one example of what Brian could be talking about.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread