I just joined the 'The Motor Bookstore' affiliate program, and after a while of work, and then creating the product page, I realized that I'm getting some truncated descriptions.

Now the question is, is this their fault, a problem with SAS, is it intentional (thinking: Read more >>), or what?

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

mobilebadboy,

There is a trick to it. If the description field is long, descriptions will be truncated if you open the datafeed using Excel or Lotus 1-2-3.

We've got a detailed "Basic Guidelines For Access" page in our forum on ABW that will help you navigate SAS datafeeds. Take a look, http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...83&m=815101788.

Frank,

I open datafeeds straight into Notepad (seems I use that for everything). I've never had a problem with any datafeed until this point. It seems it's truncated directly from SAS. Some of the descriptions appear to be complete, although I haven't checked them against the merchant's site, but some are obvious, half a word in the middle of a sentence, lol.

I joined your program the other day, had yours imported into my database in about 3 seconds, and had the site completely scripted and running in an hour. All the descriptions are just as they should be.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

mbb,

We recently streamlined our datafeed. Gave it a good spit polish. I'm happy to hear how easy it was for you to use. We'd much rather you spend the time optimizing pages than fumbling around with a bad datafeed.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread