Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hold on to your wallets, here they come as I type. 44 and counting so far tonight
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

What date are they up to so far? 44 out of how many? What percentage are getting reversed?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Ssanf, it looks like they are up to the 7th so far. I'll get back to you with a rough percentage when I get a chance to figure it out.

Thanks. I put them up very late, so I am anxious to know something.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

When it comes to reversals Frank Bee is the worst offender. Last year I had a terrible experience with them and decided to drop them this Halloween. I'm sure glad I did as I had a great month with another costume merchant. Who needs Frank Bee. Sorry to hear about all your reversals - I'm sure most of them are going to reflect the excuse "out of stock - unable to ship" or something to that effect.

Ssanf,

Right now from the first to part of the 7th because I don't think they are done with the 7th yet, it looks like about 25% reversal rate. Thats based on about 200 sales. Whether that goes up or down will be seen. It's posible to go up because as the season went on oviously more costumes would of ran out of stock. It's also to see the rate go down if Frank Bee started posting Out of Stock for the costumes faster than when the season started. IMO it's a 50 - 50 either way. I know I ordered a costume at the end of Sept but got an email saying they were out a day or 2 later

Grumpy,

No doubt most of it is out of stock and I appreciate the sorry but no need. I kind of expect the high reversals unfortunately every season. I also use Buycostumes which doesn't reverse a single sale. I have the choice as to which merchant to use as the main one and it's always Frank Bee's over Buycostume.com for 3 reasons.

Frank Bee converts much better for me.
    They pay about 110% more than Buycostumes.
    They are with SAS!

So even taking in the amt of reversals I still do much better with FB's. I tried contacting Buycostumes for an increase in comish a couple of times with no response. IMO that was their loss. Lack of communication doesn't go over well with me. That said the reversals still suck and I'll be doing some whining

On another note though, if Frank Bee doesn't make the improvements to the site and find a fix for the high reversals, I'll be giving some other merchants a little bit better exposure in the future.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I had 1 sale after Halloween was over at Frank bees LOL. Buy Costumes and Halloweenie convert tons better

It's really strange how different merchants convert for different affiliates. With Buycostumes.com I was converting 1 sale for every 3 clickthroughs on a particular day which to me was astounding. They also increased their cookies and their commission to 10% from the 6th of October, plus their additional 10% performance bonus is not to be sniffed at. I also found their affiliate support was very good, so I really cannot complain. I would much rather have a lower commission with no reversals.

Strangely, they are STILL buying from me!

Sold two, today. I think I know what FrankBee has that my people will buy year around.

Grumpy,

quote:
    They also increased their cookies and their commission to 10% from the 6th of October, plus their additional 10% performance bonus is not to be sniffed at. I also found their affiliate support was very good, so I really cannot complain.

Was that a private offer for you. If it wasn't then I missed something. I went back and I am showing 7% comish on all my Buycostume.com sales in October.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yeah, me-too-neither! I never got an offer of an increased commish from Buy Costumes. :grumbling:

I don't know if this was a private thing - I noticed when I went into the CJ interface that the merchant had an "offer pending approval" which I accepted. It didn't say anything about a private offer. Actually I almost missed it as I very often forget to check under "Today's tasks" in CJ. Maybe you guys missed the "opt-in" terms at the time? I don't know what happens if you don't accept the new terms (perhaps you just stay on the old structure).

Grumpy, are you showing 10% commissions or is it something to be added on later as a bonus? I'm starting to think I remember something about it now. But when I start things start to get more confusing to me

Packster this is what I am showing right now:

Program Term: 10% unlimited
    Status Active
    Start Date 6-Oct-2004

1. Action: Sale
    ActionCriteria: Online Purchase.
    Action Referral: Period 120 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences: Unlimited
    Commission: 10.00%

Performance Incentive:

For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $5,000.00 USD increase commission by 10.00%.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $10,000.00 USD increase commission by 9.00%.

I don't think this was a private offer as I'm sure it would have said something to that effect (at least I should think it would). I actually almost missed the offer and it was by pure luck that I happened to see it and clicked on it the evening of the 6th. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't accepted it. As it turned out I only started showing 10% commish from the 7th instead of the 6th (maybe because I hadn't seen it earlier).

Thanks Grumpy for the info. Somehow I missed it which sucks but I'm glad at least you caught it and got in on it. I'm still showing the 7 %. The 7% terms in my act shows the active start date as Oct 18th which is a little weird or maybe not. Maybe I'll try dropping the an email and see what they say. What sucks is I did send them some of my traffic and had over $14,000 in sales with them with no bonus or anything to show for it My normal luck though Thanks again Grumpy

Packster sorry to hear that you missed out, particularly in light of the huge amount of sales you had (that's about twice the amount I had for them!!). Frankly I don't know how these merchants work their offers, and it does seem weird that your's shows 7% from the 18th October. Drop them a line and perhaps they will meet you half way - it's worth a try.

OUCH!!! Here they come again. Looks like they are up to the 14th now. I set a line at the beginning of the season and have a percentage number in mind before I makes some changes. They are getting pretty close to that number

Grumpy, Thanks! I did end up dropping them a line last night. Unfortunately I have never gotten a response back from them. I'll see if they get back to me this time.

Well, I don't understand this at all. I see voids but, everything else has had the lock date changed to 11/16. Even sales as far back as 10/03. (Funny, I thought I put their links up on the 11th. But, actually, I think I did have a banner somewhere, now that I think of it.)

What does it all mean? Why did the lock dates have 12 days added to them?

People are still buying the stuff but this all makes me nervous and jerky. Are these sales accepted or not?

Very interested in this because I have sold 24 of them since the 1st and I don't have them up on the sites and pages where they actually would sell best. I have them on, "Oh, here's an after thought pages."

Ssanf, my guess is that FB was given more time because of the number of transactions they have to go through. I noticed that with CJ they extended all the sales for October also.

OK, thanks for the info.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Pack and SSanf - true, more time was given due to the extraordinary volume of sales and orders to review, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Well FB's definately took a turn backwards this year instead of listening to advise and moving forward I won't have any choice but to replace them. Unfortunately buycostumes doesn't answer my emails so they won't be an option.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Packster - the good news: they are done.

Catch up with me at some point, I would like to chat with you and hear thoughts on the season, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian,

Was already in the plans. I have a couple questions for you about other things Are ya busy now?

Packy:

We did VERY well with buycostumes without any contact at all!

Some sales with Frank Bee, but have seen the reversal train pull up to the station, too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast