I will be launching an affiliate program soon, and am wondering if I should include how many copies we have on hand in the datafeed. Would it be of any use?

ABW Ambassador
    When it can be done in real time, on your own site, it can help to create a sense of urgency to buy.

Not in the feeds though. The data would be stale before it even gets placed on an affiliate's site in most cases.

what would be usefull is what BC said... taken to the next level... how about a snipit of javescript so we can display the count on our websites in real time...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I've only had one other merchant who made that data available. About the only legitimate affiliate use for it is to determine which products to promote. All other factors being equal, I promote the product that has the highest inventory value (price * onhand) with the assumption that the merchant wouldn't invest a large amount of money in inventory if they didn't expect it to be a hot seller.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Stock info not urgent

Do let ABW know or PM me as I have a need for your type of products (especially since I see fly fishing right on the front page)

What about datafeed in mySQL format? (besides offering it as plain text that is)
    Useful?

I'll take it as a no... Thanks.
    BTW, good thing that I found this forum

walleyewarrior, we are set up now. The website is fishingbooksandvideos.com and our SAS ID is 6716

(And that's still me under different login name, because Javascript keeps deleting my password when trying to login. Am I the only one who has to save HTML to hardrive and modify it in order to login?)

I've had problems logging in lately. I found a separate login page here (somewhere) and that works.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread