You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    I am thinking of using Meanplants.com for a new project, but although they joined SAS in June this year they are still showing Zeros across the board in their Merchant Profile.

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience/opinion of them.

Thanks
    Woz

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Two ways to look at that. With an extended cookie duration, chances are that your cookie won't be wiped out by another affiliate.

Perhaps try them with one page and google adwords pay per click to see how they convert for one or two hundred click-thrus before doing a major project with them.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I haven't tried MeanPlants, but I've got a different SAS merchant with all zeroes...

And all I can say after running them (no PPC) for a few months is, the figures are accurate, at least in my experience! I must have signed up when they were new--I can't imagine that I would have signed up if they had already established a track record like that! Needless to say, when I do my yearly dud cleanout, they are gone.

MeanPlants probably can't convert either...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yeah, I was thinking the same Cheese, thanks. I was wondering if there were any negative experiences out there.

[added]

Thanks also Leader, good points. perhaps I'll give them a crack and see how they go.

Woz

Just a thought... this merchant could be worth holding on to at least through spring...

I don't think most people (at least in the majority of the USA) are thinking about plants this time of year. However, some of their "mean plants" (pitcher plants and combra lilies in particular) are somewhat popular for outdoor plantings here in The South. Now might be a good time to establish a keyword-rich page for search engines to pick up for Springtime.

I don't know this merchant... maybe they are not putting much focus on their affiliate program. However, it may be that their program just hasn't received much attention and they are still in a learning curve. After only 6 months, I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Bart at <A HREF=http://www.modernartisans.com>Modern Artisans</A>... Artful Living for Home, Garden & Soul.
    <A HREF=https://shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=4349>Shareasale Affiliate Program</A>

sounds like a cool program - I have a couple of carnivorous plants myself. I might try them, but like someone else said, this isn't the best time of year for live plants.

>this isn't the best time of year for live plants.

I know, I'm working ahead. ;-)

Thanks all, I'll give them a try and see what happens.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Advertise they eat Parasites
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread