They're still online selling karaoke stuff but their affiliate active links don't work. At least not with me. Some one told me that after they get a few customers from the affiliate site they shake those customers off that site because they know that once someone has bought a product from them that customer will return and bypass the affiliate. They also go off line long enough for the 60 day cookies to expire. This is their way of getting customers from you and then trashing. These tactics should be illegal. Anyway someone should make a list of the affiliates that do this. It would be very informative and helpful.

Internet Cowboy
    One episode of being offline will get them flushed down the affiliate toilet here.
    I see more and more companies treating their affiliates like this.
    If everyone drops them, then they will either change their ways or they will cease to have an affiliate program.
    I sure wish SAS would make auto-replentish mandatory. This would keep the cheats out as well as the merchants who simply aren't serious about their affiliate program.

By the way....welcome to ABW Berk

When did they go offline? My last sale was 11/12/2004 $71.75 $3.59. Was it after this over the weekend? It looks like their still offline just now.

markschok, I think they went offline with me around there. I had a sale Nov 8. But if your links are still active that shows that they pick and choose who to deactivate. They know that once they've gotten a few customers from you that these customers will most likely come back and buy from them again.( Especially karaoke customers who have an insatiable appetite for songs to sing). But they don't want to pay your measly 5% so if they deactivate the links from your site these possible repeat customers will go around your site and come to them directly. They want these customers to forget the path to their site through yours. They also want the 30 day cookie to expire on these people's browsers so you won't get credit either. They also know that repeat customers are more likely to buy than new visitors because they've built a trust with their first purchase. So Shopkaraoke want's to seperate these people from your site. It's pretty sleazy to say the least. By the way glad to be on this board.

It's the holiday season and MyCDG and Shopkaraoke have deactivated their links. It's obvious they just milk affiliates for customers and then dump us. They know that once a customer has come from your site to theirs and bought a product they know a trust has been built and that customer will most likely buy again. But these merchants don't want them to come through your site and also want the 30 day cookie to expire so they deactivate the links so that these possible repeat customers will bypass your site and have expired cookies. That way they don't have to pay you a commission. Think about it, it's the holiday season and their links are deactivated.

Well Shopkaraoke activated their links I believe on the 9th. Actually, that makes sense because they know that many people do their shopping from the day after Thanksgiving and probably know their friends that like karaoke wouldn't mind a karaoke cd. A nice easy gift to get out of the way early. From after that they also know this is a good time to milk affiliates for new customers.

Hi again Berk. I was thinking about posting here again when I noticed shopkaraoke was reactived almost 30 days from the start date of this thread and your last sale with them.

Seems you called it right to the day.
    I'm getting shopkaraoke and mycdg still live today though.

Let's see when they next go offline.
    Any bets ?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread