Hello all! This is my first post on this board. As a merchant I am looking at starting an affiliate program with SAS.

Can current merchants tell me about your experience with SAS, good or bad?

How much traffic are some of you getting each day?

How would you rate the quality of affiliates within the SAS network? SAS doesn't look as professional as the others(which slightly worries me), but it seems to be the favorite among members of this board.

Thanks in advance to any of you who respond to this message.

Brandon

Affiliate Manager
    Brandon,

We started our program with SAS in late January of this year.

Although their interfaces may not appear as professional as you would hope, I can honestly say the functionality is great. Brian at SAS is available when you need him. Their reporting, tracking, etc. is accurate and easy to use and understand. Loading links/banners and your datafeed is simple. We haven't had any issues with using their network in terms of functionality.

From a results standpoint, we are happy with the results. Although I will say that I believe the majority of our affiliates have been generated from our interaction with ABestWeb. If we didn't maintain a presence at ABW, I do not believe we would have many active affiliates. It doesn't appear that Shareasale has a huge number of affiliates eager to join every new program it launches.

With that said, for the minimal start up costs and lesser ongoing costs, along with Brian's anti-parasitic stance and willingness to be available to help, I am more than satisfied with ShareaSale.

But, word of warning, don't join ShareaSale, or any network for that matter, and expect your program to take off. Look over this board, notice the amount of interaction and activity some merchants and AM's put in. Listen to affiliates, try to make your program as attractive to affiliates as possible, and stay away from parasites, and you will build a following that produces.

As for specific numbers, I will not get into traffic, but we have around 500 affiliates with 100 or so active affiliates. Would I like more, absolutely, but I am also happy with the production of who we have and I understand that our program has to continually improve to attract good affiliates' attention.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Brandon,

SAS gets two thumbs up from UrbanScooters.com!

Check this link for some interesting info; http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...89&m=616101788

Here's my post from that link;

quote:
    We did a great deal of comparison shopping before coming on board with Shareasale. Shareasale's complaint to praise ratio was by far the best. Much praise and very few complaints. Most other affiliate networks I looked into were quite the opposite.

Our experience with Shareasale since signing has been super. Great uptime, lots of personal attention and the price is right. They've been more than happy to work with us to make sure the fit between our program and theirs is a good one. Brian and Michael have gone beyond the call of duty to make our experience here a good one.

I also appreciate Sharasale's strong stance against parasiteware and other dishonest tactics merchants and affiliates use to gain advantage. I feel their policies attract honest merchants and affiliates and that's a good thing for everyone involved.

I also like the feel of the company... less corporate... more personal. Another big plus!

You'll find a lot of opinions about SAS in this SAS forum... check through the posts for a wealth of info.

I agree with everything above, so I will try to only say new things:

I advise you to have everything ready when you launch (i.e. ad banners, data feed, etc.). In your first month many of the affiliates will join to "check you out", make sure there is something there for them.

We setup an affiliate support site, it gets very little traffic, but the people that do use it have sent some really nice emails (I am saying that this is a nice to have, but not necessary).

For us the most successful affiliates have been the ones that we recruited because they already run sites that rank in our category or a related one.

Hope that helps,

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

In terms of hands on support, getting stuff done, responsiveness and generall activity level of affiliates who sign up with your program then you can't go wrong with SAS.

Brian is always fast to respond and also help with sorting out issues or custom requests where they can be done.

The interface and reporting isn't up to the level of LinkShare, but you aren't paying LinkShare fees either so what there presently is, is good value for money.

SAS affiliates do tend to be more active than on most other networks once they sign up, but as mentioned above it takes a little more effort to get people to sign up at times.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Oh yes

I must ad that the

- Free FTP feed for affiliates
    - Free page creation tool
    - Free RSS coupon feed

Are also great tools that add HUGE value to SAS

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

We are about to launch our affiliate program and we have chosen to go with SAS. We have an experienced team of people in place to run our program, we took everybodys opinion regarding which network we should join and everyone gave a thumbs up to SAS. Mind you our team has experience working with all the other networks like CJ and LinkShare.

In almost everybodys opinion SAS is much cost effective which means the cost benefit can be passed on to the affiliates, much more affiliate friendly with all Free datafeeds etc, the support is very friendly. All in all we think SAS is the best bet available.

As an affiliate, I really like SAS, free feeds, page maker, prompt payment, no credit that I can't collect on later.....I could go on and on.

I think you made a good choice.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Excellent Choice GoldShield!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    SAS is a good choice

Main thing I look for and others may find is imperative is banner and product choices
    I find myself using the make a page merchants more often. Transition is changing and I am not using much of the merchants I have to hand code or only have a few text or banner links, so sometimes it's the tools you provide us that can make a big difference for new sign ups.

Thanks for all of your responses. We have decided to go with SAS. I'll let you all know when we launch our aff prog. It's going to be a good one.

Thanks again,
    Brandon

I have had to replace a bad merchant and needed to fill pages with very specific items. That make a page really helped me find the items needed from a number of assorted merchants each of which had one or two here and there in their products.

And, dang, the merchants all got their relevant items on pages already in the SEs that are selling.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    Great choice Brian,

Can't wait to take a look at your program!

Lily

I too have been pleased with share-a-sale!
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

SAS has been a great network since I join it early this year. I receive help whenever I need. Machael has been a great helper on our datafeed updating.
    I recommand it, and rate them A++ .

Phil

I am an Affiliate and am happy so far with SAS. However, i felt the need for a facility to have more ads of various sizes and formats be available. Particularly with Christmas and New Year round the corner, i'm expecting merchants coming up with special promos or atleast new banner ads to spice our websites.

Affiliate Manager
    Choosing a network for a new merchant
    Hello,

I am currently researching the pros and cons of the various networks, and am leaning towards SAS. Can any merchants or PMs tell me how they rate SAS to CJ? Do you get the traffic and the affiliates that you need? Are there so called super affilaites that pick up programs in SAS?

Any info would be welcome!

Jennifer alias googog2000

we signed up with shareasale today.. and got 15 affiliates in the first 6 hours.
    and we aint even announced the program yet .. hows that.
    as for traffic,, we will have to wait and see.. but we did make sure all banners\ feed ,etc, etc.. were ready in advance...
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread