CJ,

I am putting you on notice that I want something done about the use of affiliates to overwrite my bleeping click throughs using 180 and Zango.

I decided to investigate what 180/Zango was up to and downloaded their software.

I have found several of your affiliates are using this means of "advertising" to interfere with my ability to continue to make sales by opening up a new browser window (thanks to the software by 180/zango) and using your links as a conduit to then overwrite my visitors cookies that I, YES I sent to a merchant by a legitimate click through.

1. I thought that the Code of conduct was amended to forbid this.

2. You are not being a trusted third party by promoting this kind of software that looms on the edge of unfair competition and collusion.

3. This is a new year, I have put up with this crap since your allowing parasite action to start in 2001.

4. To a company I have recommended and had the utmost faith in playing fair. You have now lost my support as a promoter of the CJ system as being a top notch third party provider. You have allowed and backed an industry loaded with cheats, scam artists, and digital thieves.

Where is your backbone CJ, where are your scruples? How far and long will you let this fester?

It’s time for a new direction CJ, time to clean up the industry and become the leader you once were and known for.

A very pissed off affiliate.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    You have allowed and backed an industry loaded with cheats, scam artists, and digital thieves.

If you think they merely "allow" it, what makes you think that perhaps there may not even be an internal skim operation as well? I find it odd that nobody here has speculated in this direction yet.

BTW CJ is not afraid of you or anybody else. Until there are laws in place to prevent certain types of churning, the wheels will continue to grind.

>I have found several of your affiliates are using this means of "advertising" to interfere with my ability to continue to make sales <

Which affiliates did you find doing this? I'll delete them immediately if I find this to be the case.

leeann
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

You know I was speaking to my valueclick rep a few months ago,during a conversation about parasites with the rep I asked the rep what valueclicks position was, and the rep replied "I personally don't like or deal with them but, "otherrepname" loves them and valueclick loves them because they make us good money."

Now CJs parent company is Valueclick so maybe the same mentality applies here. I highly doubt CJ cares about their own Code of Conduct. Rules are meant to be broken.

(edited my post to remove sex of the rep)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    quote:
    I find it odd that nobody here has speculated in this direction yet.

You must have been out sick that day.

In corporate lingo, this type of arrangement is known as a sales override.

ABW Ambassador
    would Haiko allow the outing of PID's in this forum? that would be great you know.

ABW Ambassador
    cj.com is though afraid of us affiliates. If we disappear cj.com disappears. The thieves do not produce any traffic as thery do not have rankings in the SEs. If we disappear only the merchants websites rest in the SEs and why, if they get all treffic directly, would they keep up their subscription at cj.com? So, yes we have power.

carneol

quote:
    Originally posted by carneol:
    cj.com is though afraid of us affiliates. If we disappear cj.com disappears. The thieves do not produce any traffic as thery do not have rankings in the SEs. If we disappear only the merchants websites rest in the SEs and why, if they get all treffic directly, would they keep up their subscription at cj.com? So, yes we have power.

carneol

Unfortunately we don't use it... I'm affraid

ABW Ambassador
    somebody should come up with a script (or something else) that can defeat the pop-up feature of those parasites. without the pop-ups, they're done!

quote:
    Originally posted by carneol:
    cj.com is though afraid of us affiliates. If we disappear cj.com disappears. .......

carneol

Linda and I were actually talking about this yesturday at breakfast. The sad fact is that for every one of use that leaves, there are untold more that join. And even if you say what about the big ones that make $$$$ a month? What if they leave? I looked at her and said, "do you honestly think that someone making thousands a month is just going to give that up in protest?"

I know others here have have dropped one network or another. We are slowly doing it ourselves, but until we can get organized, I don't see us having a lot of pull. Heck, look at the LS threads about them not tracking, setting cookies, or letting ebates overwrite again this holiday season without even so much as a reply.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The new logo for the affiliate industry is the Greek Hydra symbolizing the advertising mindset that defiles all moves towards ethical behavior.

"The stagnant swamp of Lerna was a blot dismaying all who came within its confines. Its stench polluted all the atmosphere within a space of seven miles. When Hercules approached, he had to pause, for the smell alone well-nigh overcame him. The oozing quicksands were a hazard, and more than once Hercules quickly withdrew his foot lest he be sucked downward by the yielding earth. At length he found the lair where dwelt the monstrous beast.

Within a cavern of perpetual night, the hydra lay concealed. By day and night Hercules haunted the treacherous fen, awaiting a propitious time when the beast

would sally forth. In vain he watched. The monster stayed within its fetid den. Resorting to a stratagem, Hercules dipped his arrows in burning pitch, and rained them straight into the yawning cavern where dwelt the hideous beast.

A stirring and commotion there upon ensued. The hydra, its nine angry heads breathing flame, emerged. Its scaly tail lashed furiously the water and the mud, bespattering Hercules.

Three fathoms high the monster stood, a thing of ugliness that looked as if it had been made of all the foulest thoughts conceived since time began. The hydra sprang at Hercules and sought to coil about his feet.

He stepped aside and dealt it such a crushing blow that one of its heads was immediately dissevered. No sooner had this horrid head fallen into the bog than two grew in its place. Again and again Hercules attacked the raging monster, but it grew stronger, not weaker, with each assault.

Casting aside his club, Hercules knelt, grasped the hydra with his bare hands, and raised it aloft. Suspended in mid-air, its strength diminished.

On his knees, then, he held the hydra high above him, that purifying air and light might have their due effect. The Hyrda monster, strong in darkness and in sloughy mud, soon lost its power when the rays of the sun and the touch of the wind fell on it.

Convulsively it strove, a shudder passing through its loathsome frame. Fainter and fainter grew its struggles till the victory was won. The nine heads drooped, then with gasping mouths and glazing eyes fell limply forward. But only when they lifeless lay did Hercules perceive the mystic head that was immortal.

Then Hercules cut off the hydra's one immortal head and buried it, still fiercely hissing, beneath a rock. The rock was lifted when the WWW sought out a monster worthy of it's quest to enslave the world with an unbridled Adwhore mindset.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    will someone just muzzle the above poster
    Either that or take him off the meds

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Don't pet the troll.

As long as the networks use parasites, they don't need any of us.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Troll? Oh I see...it's that parrot squawking again...

quote:
    The rock was lifted when the WWW sought out a monster

And it soon regrew a body and extra heads. And that body was called, "EcomCity," and the heads were its pages. It stunned the entire Internet with its unnavigability, forcing people to buy something--anything, even suspenders--to get away!!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    Troll? Oh I see...it's that parrot squawking again...

quote:
    The rock was lifted when the WWW sought out a monster

And it soon regrew a body and extra heads. And that body was called, "EcomCity," and the heads were its pages. It stunned the entire Internet with its unnavigability, forcing people to buy something--anything, even suspenders--to get away!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hey ...it's a New Year...but some things stay the same
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread