I want to make a small site that will have adult content on it. But instead of charging people for a membership, I would like to put an entrance page to the site which will consist of maybe 4 buttons labled one, two, three, and enter. Each of the first 3 buttons will bring up an affiliated link. I will put simple intructions that say something like click on all the buttons in order and you will have access to the site. I just need something that would make them click on the 3 buttons first before they can click on the enter button.
    Also if anyone knows a good script that can maybe give users credits/points for banner clicks please let me know. I have seen a couple of sites use this but i cant think of where they were.

Note: If you are against this kind of site, please dont post replies that talk about some hippy, save-the-net B.S.!.!. Im in this to make cash not to listen to "internet hippies" talk about what I should or shouldn't do.

Thanks,
    ImaGenPro

I know exactly what you're looking for. I saw something like that on a tripod site (for warez), BUT, I can't quite remember the URL at the minute...

I'll (hopefully) get back to you with code [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (just don't ask me when) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think you will find the following page helpfull [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://members.tripod.co.uk/scottish...imagenpro.html

Enjoy and make good use of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: the fish ]

Right on!!! That is exactly what im looking for!! I am going to defenetly try this project now. If you want I could keep you in toutch on how it works out. Just give me your email and ill keep you posted.
    Thanks again bro,
    ImaGenPro

Here is an address you can use to contact me scottishghosts@lycos.co.uk

On the original page, it said the user had to click on at least one link from the site that opened, but I don't know if that was for payment from the clickthroughs or an essential part of the script.

You can let us all know how you get on with it (then everyone will want to use it) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I posted this same question at the CJ.com posts. You should check out the conversation about this topic there. The thread has been flooded with women protesting against this. The question didnt even get answered there. If you want to check it out just goto the stratagies part of the discussions and the topic is "awsome idea, scripting help needed"

Thanks,
    ImagenPro

I've been watching it grow over the days, and I don't think it's finished yet.

You asked for some code, not a flaming. Who am I to say what people can or can't put on their website. That's up to the webmaster, in this case, you.

Have fun

Maybe this is an obvious point, but any javascript code is going to be pretty easily readible to anyone who views source on the page.

... makes it pretty easy to route around your "security"

I tried going to the page that was in the original script (copy URL to address bar), but it knew that I hadn't voted for their site and took me back to the voting page again...

I know, its like everyone on that forum hates me because I asked for some scripting help! I shouldn't have mentioned that the code may be used for an adult site but this code would work best for an adult site I think.

Maybe i could hide the script from people by using php? i dont know if that would work though, ive never tried to use a java script in a php script.

ImagenPro

Uhhh... no.

PHP can generate javascript, but javascript is, by it's very nature, accessible by viewing the source.

(I'm a PHP/Coldfusion/HTML/javascript/shockwave developer for a living....)

Probably the easiest way to do this would be to use flash.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, You can at least upload the script as a .js file, then call it from the head section like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;$CRIPT language="JavaScript" src="scriptname.js"&gt;&lt;/$CRIPT&gt; </pre>

95% of the surfers out there don't even know how to right click, let alona view our source!

I had to replace the S with a $ because your program won't allow the word $cript

Breeze,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Haiko, You can at least upload the script as a .js file, then call it from the head section like this: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

????

Also ... I have uploaded your avatar at least ten times ... does it look like poopy to you also? I'll fix it somehow :rolleyes:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, I know right, it's all deformed looking now. Pretty strange, actually I have never seen that happen before unles you change the width &/or height.

Anyway, do you know what I mean by uploading the .js file and then simply calling it from the head section?

If not give me an email and I'll explain in more detail.

breeze

Breeze,

Are you refering to your avatar? It is 29X29 ... I have the avatars set as 32X32 ... So it should work! There isn't any .js file associated so me is lost regarding that point :confused:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    eye yie yie

now me be lost 2 [img]tongue.gif[/img]

To solve the mystery...

It was ImaGenPro who was looking for the scripting help, not Haiko. But I don't know why Haiko is named as the person who started this thread. Maybe an edit to the original post?

Haiko "started" this topic by moving the post from the ikonboard to this one.. so.. it's not an x-file. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Quiet777

I knew the truth was out there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yep.. The Truth Is Out There. You think we should let it in? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

You should let the truth in here, but only if it pays [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I do know, the truth would pay... question is, can this payment be tracked?

ABW Ambassador
    I get the impression that tracking will be delayed. But hey, at least I got an impression! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread