ABW Ambassador
    Is there any possible way to see the entire folder tree of a website? You know, like if there is no index page in a certain folder you instead see every file that is in the folder. What I want to do is locate a script that terra lycos is running on unsuspecting surfers. I can't even figure out what page they may have run it from or what type of script it was. I know this sounds nutty but does anyone have any ideas?

Breeze,

If I understand you correctly ... you just want a script on a specific page [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Above , clicking view source and finding javascript and extrapolating the url to it, and then copying the javascript. If it is a cgi call ... then post the resulting url with full addy and I'll try to get you the script.

Haiko

It's not possible.
    I've heard about programs that check for common directory and file names and generates a list, but there is no such thing as a program, or script that gives you the directory listing.
    With certain versions of software you might be able to trick the server into giving you the directory listing, but you will have to get that information from another source. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: ARSONE ]

ABW Ambassador
    I was afraid of that. Now I will have to reverse engineer every .exe file on the entire page. lmao It seems they have it built into mpeg files which have somehow been converted to .exe

Anyone want to tackle this? Rise up and accept the challenge! I will put 10,000 visitors on your site within 2 weeks if you can deliver to me this capability!

Anyone?

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: breeze ]

Breeze,

You want an MPG as an exe?

Please explain exactly what you need and I see what I can do.

Haiko

That's how MS Windows works. All kinds of images run as hidden .exe files. They suck!

As another way of looking at it though they may be using a hidden include.cgi script. I've often wondered if there was a way to double or tripple layer pages using this method and tried it with no success so far.

Well, to answer your first question Breeze...
    Looking at the directory contents on a website IS possible, BUT, you will have to have the permissions to do it, plus, the "directory browsing" option should be enabled for this directory. This is done by the server administrator and I don't think that you can do it on Lycos.

As for your second question.....
    As I understand, you want to download an mpeg file that you see displayed on a page but you can't save it on disk. Right?

Well, if this is the case, then you should try the following, as it may work very likely. Go to the page where the mpeg file is and let it download the whole page. Next, you do this:

First try to locate the mpeg file in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder.
    It is a hidden folder so you should have the "Show Hidden Files" option checked. The name of the file can vary (of course), but try to locate the files that have an mpeg extension or maybe it can be a different extension so search for it. Try to play it from that folder. When you try to play it, you might get a message something like :"you are trying to run a system command....bla, bla, bla". Just hit "yes". If it plays from that folder, then you are on the right track. After you have located it there, do one of these two things:

1. Try to copy the file to another folder and play it from there. But, first empty your I'net cache and run it. If it runs ok, then you have it. If it doesn't go to No. 2.

2. Right click on the mpeg file and choose "properties". Under the "general" tab, see the URL where the file is read from. Copy the URL to a download client like for example "GetRight", and if you are lucky enough you will download the file. Sometimes server admins don't give the permission to visitors to download files separately but only through a web page, that is why I say "if you are lucky". Most of the times though, you can use this trick.

If the second question was not what I was talking about all this time, then hey, I was typing for half an hour for nothing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I almost forgot.... Waiting for the 10000 visitors Breeze! :cool:

@ Heyder
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That's how MS Windows works. All kinds of images run as hidden .exe files. They suck!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, come on Heyder! I know that Win is not the best system around, but what you say here is nonsense. Images run as hidden .exe files!? Show me how you can do this, and I bet you that I will get into any computer in the world that visits my site.

LOL! Heyder don't know Alex. I wish to keep it that way too as I am an overly curious person myself.

ABW Ambassador
    I really appreciate all of the help offered here. Alex, I am sorry to say that you have missed my point through no fault of your own. I really should have been more specific in my querry. Anyway, I will find a way to explain this in detail once I can udentify just what it is I am trying to do. LOL. Tis is too much, actually a challenge that is turning out to be quite the mountain to climb.

you're not talking about .eml files? They're typed as windows media files, but run as EXE's automatically by certain types of browsers....

If that's what you're looking for, you should check out info about the nimda virus -- that's one of the ways it propagates...

ABW Ambassador
    Johnny, that makes sense. All I know is that they altered my registry without my permission and I never choose to run a file. The reason I want to figure this out is because I have thought of a good way to utilize this evil trick.

Brrrrrr, spooky!!! The Nimda's are here!!!

Send the alien to Fish, he wanted to adopt one remember!? I think he'll be very happy about it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    When I am done with my tests he can go where he wants to. (Fish, if you want him you better come now, because once he leaves here I don't know where he may go!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, send him along to me. I just hope he's nice and I don't have to lock him up in a cage [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Cage? A Cage??? HA HA HA!

You are gonna need a whole lot more than a cage to keep this rascal under control!

Yep, he's probably going to need a good spacious hard disk and a lot of RAM to keep that guy under control. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    This guy has got an appetite bigger than the entire www and even some of www2 & www3.

There is no stopping this predator, no way, no how. Whomever shall control this critter shall control all of the entire ... (you know the rest) :cool:

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread