Is anyone else a Capital One Affiliate? I just logged into my CJ account and was going to check to see if they uploaded batched transactions and it says that I am not even a Capital One Affiliate. A link didn't even show up in their drop down menu for my list of advertisers... Anyone else having problems?

You are right there core, I have some hits in my stats 92 so it seems they went off early this morning. Like you I looked at my merchants and they are nowhere to be seen.

ABW Ambassador
    They just vanished.

Links still work - but that does not mean anything at CJ with their three month deactivation delay.

I just got off the phone with a CJ rep and they said that Capital One sent out a letter to your email address and not through CJ mail. This letter supposedly went out on the 1st of December. I do not have, nor have I ever recieved a letter from them. If they are not in your merchant list I would seriously consider taking down your links.

Core

I've got 2 from them in my CJ E-mail box - here is the latest:

quote:

Live posting is currently still down and, due to a code freeze on our website, there is not an opportunity to put the fix in place until December 31st.

All details (including website ID #) of leads being generated are captured in our systems and batch uploads will be sent to CJ on the following dates to cover the below activity periods:

Dec 12th upload: leads generated 5 Dec-11 Dec
    Dec 17th upload: leads generated 12 Dec-16 Dec
    Dec 21st upload: leads generated 17 Dec-20 Dec
    Dec 31st: live reporting resumes
    Jan 3rd upload: leads generated 20 Dec-30 Dec

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this delay in reporting.
    If you have any questions about or urgent issues with the above, please don''t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Jim Anderson
    Capital One UK

ABW Ambassador
    I just took them down.

I never received anything in any of my email accounts. They just disappeared. They are not in the deactivated merchant list either.

I notice how CJ conspired to get them free traffic again by keeping the links working.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey evilbob,

That email was from Cap One UK reporting.

I think we are talking about Capital One (non-UK) dropping affiliates without notice.

Capital One UK is still active in my acct.

you know, you are right. I am too tired [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Last thing I heard everyone had to re-join Capital One (USA) again and agree to a new set of terms and conditions. I am still waiting for my account to be activiated.

I believe what happened is Cap One added separate T's & C's (terms and conditions) to their program. If you click on "Get Links" and type in Capital One in the search box you should be able to find them. If you join their program you will get a pop up for their separate terms and conditions that you must agree to. They are regulated and must have these special T's & C's. An email was sent out on November 1, 2001 to all their publishers requiring them to accept or decline to the new T's & C's or get terminated by a certain date. If you wish to work with Cap One, you will need to re-apply to Cap One. You will need to agree to their T's & C's and then you will most likely get approved - I believe they are on manual approval so it may take a few days.

I hope this helps,

The email below went out to all Capital One publishers via real email on November 9th.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Welcome Back to the Capital One Affiliate Newsletter!

Over the past few months, we at the Capital One Affiliate Group have continued to search out new ways to improve all aspects of our Program. While this has led to some difficulties at times, we are now beginning to see the fruits of our efforts. The improvements that we have made were designed to increase the efficiency of the Affiliate Program, to make it easier to use and to understand; we feel that these changes will also improve the overall performance of our Program.

We want to assure you that Capital One remains in strong shape; our earnings growth of 30% for the 3rd quarter of 2001 is a testament to our solid business foundation. It is clear that Capital One possesses the necessary traits to allow for sustained growth, and, indeed, we believe that we have only begun to tap the potential of the internet as a revenue driver for our business.

With the improvements we have made to our program, along with our strong structural foundation, we are expecting great things from our Affiliate Program in the coming months!

A. NEW DEVELOPMENTS

We plan to reinstate both our Student and Gold card products on our Affiliate network by November 30th. Make sure keep your eyes out for these new banners!

B. REDESIGNED AFFILIATE HOMEPAGE

As part of our effort to improve the quality of our Affiliate Program, we have begun the process of making significant changes to our homepage at www.capitalone.com/affiliates. We envision our remodeled site as a destination for both current and prospective Affiliates. One of its new features will be a section in which we offer some of the insight we have gained on the best ways to get results from our banners while also remaining in compliance with our Terms and Conditions. We feel that this site will help to address some of the confusion that arises from time to time, and that it will also serve as a quick and useful reference point for questions that Affiliates may have.

C. TIERED COMMISSION STRUCTURE

Recently, we have decided to move to a tiered commission structure for our products beginning on December 1st. This structure will allow us to pay up to USD 40 for a platinum account, and will replace our old flat-rate of USD 25 per account generated. We believe that it will also further help to serve our commitment to rewarding excellence in Affiliate performance. You will be notified of the change once our rates have been finalized.

D. NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS

In the beginning of November, we sent a letter through Commission Junction detailing the new Terms and Conditions that we are serving to our publishers. It is our hope that these new Terms and Conditions will help to clarify the expectations that we have of publishers as well as help you to achieve improved performance within our Program. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the importance of responding to these new Terms and Conditions by the November 15th deadline. Unfortunately, if we do not receive your acceptance of the Terms by November 15th, we will have no choice but to assume that you have rejected them.

E. CONCLUSION

As we head toward the conclusion of 2001, and enter the Holiday season, there is certainly a touch of excitement in the air. Once again, thank you very much for your patience during this recent transitional period, as well as for your hard work in making the Capital One Affiliate Program a great success!

Sincerely,

Lynn Smith
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Affiliates@capitalone.com

ABW Ambassador
    After waiting damn near a year to be approved ---- I don't even know if I want to promote them now with all those problems!! :eek:

Jada,

Over the last year their program was kind of on hold. They were not approving publishers because they were creating the new T's & C's. They wanted to wait until they were posted before reactivating their program.

They are now actively reviewing and working with publishers again.

I applied to join them before their new was active (capitalone.com NOT capitalone.co.uk) and was told to wait until it became active, this I did and was accepted by them. Now I find no mention of them anywhere on CJ and no stats for the links already on my site.

Another point to make is there is also no mention of them on the new "Invalid links generating traffic" reports program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Is this yet another example of CJ's great tracking?)

@ David or Todd
    Some straight answers are drasticly needed here I hope you will oblige us

Gordon,

I suggest you contact support and have your specific account looked at in more detail. This may be a problem only you are experiencing.

Call the 800 number and have them take a look.

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon, you are absolutely correct, Sir.

I also applied before the new terms, was told to reapply after the new terms, and was subsequently accepted.

I do not think the old letter explains anything because that is referring to a Nov deadline and CapOne was tracking until yesterday.

ToddCrawford, CJ.com

I know you are not aware of this but I am deaf and cannot use the telephone. This is why I have to resort to e-mails and as such I really appreciate it when I receive an answer to my questions.

Regarding my previous posting if you would be kind enough to take the time to have a quick look at my stats for today and my merchants list you would see that today there is no mention whatsoever of capitalone. Yesterday they were cut off at 95 impressions this tells me they stopped tracking around 7.00am or 8.00am my time yesterday(Pacific time).

I am sure you have access to all the details needed account number, password etc. to access my account. Please take this posting as permission to do so and let me know your findings.
    Thanks in advance

deleted

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: snoopy ]

I very recently reapplied to Capital One and joined (a matter of a few weeks back) - but now I have been dropped, no explanation. No email to the contact address, no CJ mail.

Because my web site is hosted outside of the US, I'm no longer eligible, but it would have been nice to know!

Actually I've had personal dealing with Capital One in the UK, and frankly they suck. Good riddance.

I agree,soooo long.I've promoted them and
    another credit card company for 2 years and never made a dime.I don't guess gamblers need a credit card.I got their letter wanting to review me again and I reviewed
    them and they didn't make the grade.I don't need them or any other credit vultures.

Dynamoo & smont

That is exactly my reaction, I have just had an e-mail, this is part of it
    quote:
    In order to be reconsidered for application, please RE-JOIN / RE-APPLY to the Capital One

I guess as soon as I get 5 mins the links to both capitalone's are off all my sites.

so what you are saying is.....

someone can click an affiliate qksrv link and go to the capitalone uk site, submit a lead and not only do cj.com and the affiliate not receive a cent but there is no trace that a transaction or even a click has ever occured?

tell me thats not what you're saying :eek:

No. The UK site is still working and reporting hits (sales/leads ??) it is the USA site that has just closed itself down with no warnings to anyone

ABW Ambassador
    For the number of times CapOne has done this sort of thing, well it is just getting to be too many to be a coincidence or just a glitch.

People go to check the latest batch update and instead of new leads they find out they were dropped (again) with no warning or anything just a curt response that you should reapply?

I got this from CapOne UK a few days ago..

---------------------------------------------

Live posting is currently still down and, due to a code freeze on our website, there is not an opportunity to put the fix in place until December 31st.

All details (including website ID #) of leads being generated are captured in our systems and batch uploads will be sent to CJ on the following dates to cover the below activity periods:

Dec 12th upload: leads generated 5 Dec-11 Dec
    Dec 17th upload: leads generated 12 Dec-16 Dec
    Dec 21st upload: leads generated 17 Dec-20 Dec
    Dec 31st: live reporting resumes
    Jan 3rd upload: leads generated 20 Dec-30 Dec

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this delay in reporting.
    If you have any questions about or urgent issues with the above, please don''t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Jim Anderson
    Capital One UK
    james.anderson@capitalone.com

------------------------------------------

I don't know what's going on but this month I've seen the lowest ever conversion rate with CapitalOne UK. I'm thinking very hard about dropping them.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread