Well I have had it with ALTREC. Let me give you a brief history. I started with them back in the old days.. 1999 in their market partner program. Did real well had months making over a grand, things were hauling butts.. Then something happend around 2001. Sales dried up, traffic I sent had increased but sales died. So I kind of let it fester for a couple of years. Then I took most of thier links off my site. Left a few but moved them down the list or off popular pages.

I was always getting calls, emails and contact from them. Of course they made no mention that a little site called Ebates was using a super secret software to slurp off sales.

Today, I hear nothing from them. The affiliate manager must be died. Killed by cover-up or playing dumb.

Well as I have posted, a few days ago I installed Zango. Much to my asstonishment, a CJ merchant was ploping up all over the place. (See I have sports sites) In my visits around the web I get pumelled by ALTREC ads. First I say AH.. Wayward affilate, but looking at the browser address I see it's altrec and their own tracking.

Apparently they can't get enough sales from legitiment affiliates (see funny picture below), their search engine optimization sucks, so they have to revert to covering up the users browser with their ads multiple times a day. It may be in the hundreds of thousands of ads shown???

In the mean time, they may be overwriting any cookies that are placed. I don't know, I am not an expert on cookie denegration.

Well as the picture shows, all but one cookie. Yes, it was so funny. I clicked on a text link from my site to Sports Basement. BAM Altrec pops up with an ad, and right after up comes the little EBATES comission grabber..

Jokes on you Altrec. You bought that ad instead of nuturing your affiliates and had to pay anyways to EBATES... S U C K E R S

Maybe you guys at Altrec would do better working for Costco.

Bye Bye... You have screwed this affilaite once too many times.

POOP on you,

Poopie Nubert

May EBATES suck you dry
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What a steaming pile of bile. I'd never go after the sports gear market as it's infested from head to toe with BHO's and the cookie stuffing wanks. Let the parasites eat on their carcus.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

They sure don't care for affiliates to make any money, do they?

What a joke. I hope everyone drops them.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I've promoted Altrec back to the days when they used Affinia for promotions. When Affinia shut down (Affinia partnered with Linkshare and yeah, that was smart---not!)I joined altrec's private program. I converted with them from one of my dmoz sites, but then they joined cj and the converting pretty much stopped. At that point I pulled most of the links except a few in hopes they might fix their program.

Apparently, that isn't going to happen. Too bad. Thanks for the info.

Chuck

SeaEagle.com will welcome anybody who is fed up with spyware/parasiteware infested programs, especially if they have some experience in the outdoor industry.

Our program does not allow any software of any kind. Furthermore we don't allow trademark bidding/optimization, so the sale you worked hard for won't be nabbed by somebody else at the last minute.

Contact me at jhoge123@yahoo.com for details. (I use the disposable yahoo address so spambots don't get my real one from posts.)

I hope the parasites do what most parasites do - suck their host dry until the host dies. Serves them right for being so greedy.

Andy

I said a long time ago that Altrek was infested with parasites. At the time I said it they were in up to their necks with at least Ebates. I see they are still amongst the scum of the internet.

Anyone who promotes these *ssoles deserves all they get or should I say don't get.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Actually in nature most parasites don't kill their host. It wouldn't be a smart move, as they'd either die themselves or have to find a new host. The costs are too high for most parasites to risk killing their host. (Yes, I am a biologist.)

And I do believe that most of the BHOs are smart enough to realize that they can't afford to kill off their hosts either. Perhaps they've done a little reading on the subject of host-parasite relationships in the natural world. While they understand that they can't interfere too much with the host's lifespan, they don't seem to realize that they can't afford to interfere too much with the host's ability to lead a normal lifestyle. In other words, the parasites can't afford to kill off anything that could eventually lead to the death of their host.

Stuff you can read about how this works in nature, keywords="host-parasite, predator-prey, red queen theory, game theory."

Altrec Press Release
    Altrec has recently issued a press release regarding their position with Metrics Direct. It is pasted below and is available within the press center of their website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    ALTREC.COM POSITION ON THE SERVICES OF 180 SOLUTIONS

(KIRKLAND, WASH.) - 03/22/2006 - The Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT) recently listed Altrec as a "Large Corporate Adware Funder" of 180 Solutions. Altrec has experimented with advertising through 180 Solutions to "Opt-in" consumers only. This "Opt-in" experiment, in the first Quarter of 2006, was a total spend of $440.00.

To date, Altrec has had no interaction with anyone from, or representing, the CDT requesting any information.

Altrec has chosen to discontinue its experiment with 180 Solutions indefinitely.

As a company, Altrec places a high degree of importance on protecting consumer privacy and is committed to reaching its customers through non-invasive channels focused on communicating with customers who are open to the communication, in relevant online locations, and in periods of interest. Altrec deeply respects consumer privacy and is adamantly opposed to any form of online spamming. Altrec is also evaluating its affiliate policies to further ensure that its affiliates are not using invasive consumer advertising tactics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Altrec.com
    Altrec.com Outdoors ("all trek") is an e-commerce retailer of premium outdoor clothing and gear. Altrec caters to active outdoor enthusiast who ski, snowboard, climb, run, hike, paddle, peddle, swim, and explore the edges of the planet. Altrec seeks out top-notch products from manufacturers such as Burton, Patagonia, Salomon, The North Face, Oakley, Arc'teryx, and many more. More information on the can be found at www.altrec.com

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bokesch
    As a company, Altrec places a high degree of importance on protecting consumer privacy and is committed to reaching its customers through non-invasive channels focused on communicating with customers who are open to the communication, in relevant online locations, and in periods of interest. Altrec deeply respects consumer privacy and is adamantly opposed to any form of online spamming. Altrec is also evaluating its affiliate policies to further ensure that its affiliates are not using invasive consumer advertising tactics.
    What a crock. If this were true they would not be involved with every spyware/adware company under the sun.

This is pure spin and is totally fiction.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Pimptrec loves their adwhores.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread