I'm not even sure if I'm in the right place...but I have an advertising client who has sent me a banner in Flash. I have the player installed and so can see it but do I now have to download the program so I can open the banner and upload it (which has to be with Frontpage since that's what I used to make the webpage)? Flash.com says I need a Pentium to do that, which I don't have. So am I screwed?

ABW Ambassador
    Hershey...I think I understand your question fully. If your customer sent you a .swf file, as well as some html code, you can upload the .swf file anywhere on your server and insert the html into your Ad rotation program (or put it directly on your site if you don't rotate ads). If the .swf resides on the clients servers (which many of them do), you can just insert the html that accesses the .swf file. I hope the makes sense...In short, if the client has already created the flash, then you wouldn't need an editor to do anything. I would recommend using some other type of FTP program instead of front page to get the file file from your computer to your server...any questions, or if I'm not clear, just let me know.

Tom Pyles
    TH Media

Tom, thank you so much. I will try your suggetions in the morning and see if I can't get that banner on my site. If not, I'll be back needing help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    No problem...and please feel free to e-mail/PM me if you need some help.

Tom Pyles

Hi Tom,

Well, I finally got it to work, and my advertiser is happy. I couldn't have done it without your help. Thank you!

ABW Ambassador
    Hershey...didn't see your post here....Not a problem..glad it worked out for you...just keep makin' the money [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] by keeping those advertisers happy...

Tom Pyles

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread