hi, i need some advice...
    I use dreamweaver to build websites, and insert layers. When I preview my site in IE it looks ok, also it looks ok on some other peoples computers, but there are some that say that the site-counter text and the number overlap when they view it on their computers. The site-counter text and number are on their own layers....I dont know how to overcome this, like I said on mine and some other peoples it looks ok,,,its just these others. http://www.manmadesole.co.uk
    Thanks

You have a Netscape syndrome...
    (or browser incompatibility)

IE show your counter fine.
    Netscape does not show yours at all.

Easy way to fix it:
    Take out your counter since noone looks at counter anymore....and if it's too small..it will show that not a lot of people go to your site....means it will downgrade their feeling for your site.

Thanks for that, to be honest it was what I suspected.
    I hate Netscape! :mad:

nathaniel,

Netscape is not the only one to blame. Try to avoid using layers in Dreamweaver. Only the newer browsers can render layers, and if I am correct, Netscape started rendering layers from v6.

Try to use tables instead of layers. I know that it is more time consuming, but it is worth it. Also, specify all the widths, heights, colors, and such, so you don't have problems with Netscape.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread