Hi,

Im currently in the process of re-designing my site, ive decided to include a new navigation system for certain sections of the site, what i want is to have the option button joined with the main window were the information will be displayed, which will change depending on what button the user clicks on, if you dont understand what i mean, a good example of what i want to do can be seen @ http://uk.etrade.com

My original site was very simply designed using tables, this is my first time trying to do something more complicated, however i have no idea about how i would implement this, would i need to use vector graphics, image maps? if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I f I understood exactly what you want, then you can do this in plain HTML. Just do each category page with the same design, but with a different graphic for the active tab. There are other ways to do it by scripting, but I guess you don't do scripts, so it is easier for you to do this in plain HTML. The only thing is that you will have more HTML pages.

I have seen your example URL, what was the author trying to say!?!? :confused: When you click on the tabs, the links in the navigation menu don't change. :confused: That is kinda smart. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img],

Ive always thought about using this type of navigation system, i've seen it on a few sites and it looks good, i thought it would be complicated, but the way you explained it made me realise, that its actually quite simple, and can be implemented in a variety of ways :cool:

Yep Zar, it is VERY EASY to do it and you don't have to have knowledge of any scripting languages.

Glad that helped. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread