Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Hi,
    since the last update of google my sites which had to 10 rankings disappeared totally from them.
    What I now experience is that on one hand I am losing traffic, but my sales, especially for some merchants which never converted, went up. Does this mean that without the traffic from google the thieves are also gone?

carneol

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I don't see what that would have to do with thieves? Traffic is traffic.

You probably saw a holiday surge along with a possible msn/yahoo bump. Perhaps the yahoo/msn traffic converts better.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Yipee...my new sites got instant pr4...while my older sites are struggling with pr3's

But now I know a little more about what the big G wants.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I hate GOOGLE and their PageRank..
    Ever since they started SELLING their Google Adwords they have intentionally made it harder to get a good FREE listing with them.. because they WANT you to pay.. SO - I HATE EM..
    The Biggest Monopoly in the WORLD..
    I Don't build for them or even care what they do.. I hope they just fold... not likely but it's a nightly prayer of mine anyway...

""God - please let Google get what they deserve..
    Let them go under like they should and make the internet a better place.. AMEN..""

One day maybe my prayers will be answered..
    and we can all get the traffic that we deserve!

Yahoo is better quality traffic anyway.. they convert very well for me..

Absolutely right, SuZee! They provide the planet with biased links while their search pages carry millions of ... advertisements. Also, they have eliminated a myriad of Web pages with links on them because ... Google is after QUALITY!
    Hahahaha!

huhu

ABW Ambassador

If you want traffic from us just buy these and wear them with pride. We will match the address of the CC you use against addresses in our domain list. When there is a match, there is a bump. So pay us. The thongs are out of stock, sorry Gordon.

WOW..
    I thought I was going to get an ass chewing for saying what I did..
    Glad to see there is some agreement here..
    SO why don't we all pray they go to HELL..
    if that is a legit prayer..??

OH and people that pay for the GoogleAdWhore Words..
    Your feeding the monster that is killing all of us.. so STOP IT.. lol..

Those are cool boxers..
    But shouldn't the tiny writing say:
    "I'm Feeling Sh*tty"

ROFL..

Hey taht last pots kicked me into Member Status.. KILLER.. Time To Change My Tagline..

Here is the new one..

ABW Ambassador
    Got a good news in a newsletter:
    Google boots all websites with drive by installations, even if they are hidden in flash websites.

carneol

One of my sites has just taken off in Yahoo and MSN. It has gone from 8k visitors per month mostly from Google to 40k per month with the increase comming from Yahoo and MSN.

So you can do well without Google.

I also have a little site which disapeared from Google a couple of months ago. It still makes about $150 per month from Yahoo and MSN searches and only took 1/2 a day to do. Not a bad return!

R

Since Google misfired on the mid-December update, I'm getting more traffic from Yahoo and MSN than Google. This is a first for my site.

Overall, traffic has fallen off, so I'm not happy about it, but I have to wonder if Google's traffic has fallen off. The SERPs are not good at Google since this last "update" and I'm finding very poor quality sites at the top.

I think this is a temporary problem, and will be resolved soon. A lot of sites have noticed a drop in traffic from Google, which tells me searchers aren't finding what they're looking for there. Bad news for a search engine. I know I've been using MSN more since this started, because Google just seems to be whacked right now.

Andy

quote:
    One of my sites has just taken off in Yahoo and MSN. It has gone from 8k visitors per month mostly from Google to 40k per month with the increase comming from Yahoo and MSN.

So you can do well without Google.

Richard, No doubt about what you said. I did pretty good in 2004 without Google for most of the year on 90% of my sites. I was fortunate enough that both Yahoo and MSN made up more than the difference in lost traffic from Google in 2004. I figure it was close to $30,000 of income lost from being knocked out of Google at the beginning of last year. As I type though I'm pretty much in a up the creek in a boat with only half a paddle . MSN and Yahoo hit me hard at the end of December. Right now it is taking me about 5 days to make what I normally made in a day I'm glad to hear that you are making out ok with them. Keep it up This year I think I am going to go a couple of different directions to see if I can get farther away from depending on the SE's for my income. Hopefully the direction will be up and not backwards or down

Andy, I agree w/you about Google. The other night I was looking for a few things and kept coming up with nothing that was helpful in Google. Lately I also have been finding myself using MSN more and more. Even when Google knocked out the best sites online, mine a year ago I was still using them. Right now though I'll be using MSN. JMO of course
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

DaPackster, your story is a carbon copy of mine - my paddle is starting to look like a broken splinter and I think my boat has sprung a leak, too! But keep the faith, something is brewing, I have seen some real rock and roll in the index page totals for my sites, over the past few days - something like that which used to take place in the old days prior to a major update.

Google abandoned my sites months ago. Except for one content site I have, Yahoo and MSN bring in about 85% of SE traffic. And since the beginning of this month MSN is sending me sh%# loads of traffic. I like others have mentioned, now use Yahoo yes can you believe it Yahoo or MSN for my own searchs. I used to use Google exclusively but their results are really poor now.

Whats is also weird with Google is the only searchers they are sending me is to pages that no longer exist on my sites and have not for many months.

quote:
    Whats is also weird with Google is the only searchers they are sending me is to pages that no longer exist on my sites and have not for many months.

a sure sign their data is coming from an old file. Another Florida incident?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    quote:

a sure sign their data is coming from an old file. Another Florida incident?

If it's coming from an old file, it has been doing so for a long time. They've been doing that to me on a couple of my sites for months!

I finally wrote them about it (as a searcher)--and they said that they could get rid of the dead pages and that they appreciated my "patience." Hah... I had told them that having a zillion pages indexed wasn't any good if it was just an index full of dead links
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I have seen that too recently, I searched for something on Google and 3 out of 10 results on 1st page landed on 404.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

ABW Ambassador
    There must have been massive security issues with their desktop search. Now they are booting all spyware sites and I believe that this is the reason for the misleading search results. I experience a lot of sales with companies which were targeted after Ben Edelman's list by theives since I get no traffic from google. Maybe they also boot affiliate sites as they can not differ between them.

carneol

quote:
    DaPackster, your story is a carbon copy of mine - my paddle is starting to look like a broken splinter and I think my boat has sprung a leak, too! But keep the faith, something is brewing, I have seen some real rock and roll in the index page totals for my sites, over the past few days - something like that which used to take place in the old days prior to a major update.

Abigail, Thanks for the encouragement All the engines have been hitting my sites, their just not doing anything with them other than moving them down further and further

I think what ticks me off the most is I have a one of a kind website and Google has it listed about #80 in the listings. The media and irrelavent sites are coming up ahead of it. What really ticks me off is the news articles about the content are over a year old, some two years old and they are coming out on top. My site is updated almost daily I suppose I should be happy that all the other SE's still have it number 1, for now anyways

The same kind of thing happened last year when GOOGLE tried to search "differently" they tried to make it so plural words resulted in different results.. only plurals in a plural keyword search and singular keyword searches turned up ONLY singular keywords in the page.. IT SUCKED for me.. good thing it only lasted about a month.. then they went back..

SCREW GOOGLE - their trying to make their listings "BETTER" so it's harder to get a good one.. so why not sign-up for Google Adwords and have your link on the top for a price?
    Come on pay them they REALLY NEED the money...

YAHOO is WAAAAAAAAAAY better they CONVERT....

Who puts the BILLION PAGES on the web so that GOOGLE has a purpose anyway?? Yep that's right - ALL OF US GOOD WEBMASTERS.. and who do they try to SCREW... US.. go figure...

Actually Suzee, I just started another adword campaign last night. Jeeez, I can't even get a person to click on my add. I need to go buy a horseshoe or something. Ummm, which way is it suppose to be hanging? Upside down?

On a brighter note, right after I got through posting about my one of a kind site not coming up in the top of Google, a journalist for our newspaper contacted me for an interview. He is writing a story for Mondays paper. That will bring some traffic to that site anyways. Unfortunatly it's a content site so no money to be made there but it's still pretty cool to see the site listed in the paper

This drop in google traffic ...
    Is it anything to do with the horrid 302 redirects taking over the google index?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    I need to go buy a horseshoe or something. Ummm, which way is it suppose to be hanging? Upside down?

I don't have one either--but I remember how this one goes. The horseshoe needs to go right-side up. Otherwise the luck will run out the ends!

quote:
    Unfortunatly it's a content site so no money to be made there

Time to coat it with plenty of links to your "favorite" shopping sites!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Packey, don't feel alone in this. That is why I have posted less.

Out here trying to save the day.

I have years of old content that I am trying to monetize with adsense and link to appropriate merchants or make relevant sales pages to go with them. But, every page has to be gone over and done by hand.

Big time suckerooo!~
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Having been on both sides of a "Google dance" I'm just glad we seem to have options this time. I don't wish Google to die -- that would leave Microsoft to pick up the pieces and I don't think anyone of us would want that. I wish Google, Yahoo and MSN would all vigorously compete to produce the best search results for users.

I feel that our negative experiences are temporary (some are probably raking in the money now) and Google will be forced to tweek their algo or roll it back since there are many poor search results being produced. They are a public company and their shareholders won't stand for bad press from bad search results. I think the pain and suffering will mostly end in 2-4 weeks.

Now's a great time to focus on diversifying our search portfolio. We have 3 powerhouses to work with. And some of you may laugh, but this is even a Biblical approach: "Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12
    Mike Allen | <a href="https://twitter.com/mta1">@mta1</a>
    <a href="http://www.businesswright.com">Businesswright Consulting</a> | <a href="http://www.shopping-bargains.com">Shopping-Bargains</a>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast