Does anyone know if it possible to use relative urls in SSI includes. For example, I can get <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt; !--#include file="borders/top.htm" --&gt;</pre> to work with the top.htm file in and the file calling is Now if I try to call the same file from using <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt; !--#include file="../borders/top.htm" --&gt;</pre> I get "an error occurred while processing this directive". Does anyone know I can make this work? I would hate to have to put the top.htm side.htm, etc in every folder just so I could use SSI to update headers and nav bars. I thought about trying absolute urls <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt; !--#include file="" --&gt;</pre> but that generates an error as well. Anyone know who to work around this so I can have just one each top, left, etc file to update?

Maybe I'm rusty on my relative calling. Calling a file in from domain/other should be ../border/file.htm, correct?

edit: spelling and grammar

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: madmanbc ]

I use

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>< !--#include virtual="anyfooter.html"--><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure I've done

< !--#include virtual="../hostfooter.html"-->

and had it work.

Someone more expert will be with you momentarily, I'm sure.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thank you very much webmistress. That does indeed work.

Toronto, Canada

You cannot have relative URLs that go lower in the hierarchy of folders in SSI. This is a rule!

You can try what Webmistress proposed with the virtual path to the include, but I think that in order for virtual paths to work for includes, they have to be set with your sys admin. You could try them though, it won't hurt you if they are already set by the sys admin and if they work.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread