ABW Ambassador
    There is a site that I'm working on, but don't know if I want to set it up on it's own domain. My question is, with services like and I correct in assuming that they actually use a frame. I will be adding this site under a subdirectory of our master account. I'm leary about it getting spidered, etc if all of these DNS services use a frame...any thoughts?

It's been a while since I did that, and you are correct about it using frames. I believe the search engines don't penalize anymore for using redirect frames but I have been wrong before. Make sure you have meta tags set up on the redirect page at When I used Domaindirects redirect service they had a function where I could edit and add keywords to the meta tags that would be shown in the redirect page. Then I would put the same meta tags on the main.html page( don' know if that helped but did it anyway)

ABW Ambassador
    Domino...It is the keywords that that I'm worried about. Each page has it's own seperate keywords for the content on that page. If I'm doing a redirect, I worry that the SE's won't pick up the keywords on each page, only the keywords I set up through

Tom Pyles

I found that it is best not to use redirects if you plan on some search engine optimization. I don't know about the dynamics involved but thru experience I've had better results with unique ips.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Don Steitz ]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread