Hi all:

Do you think $.50 per transaction with 1 cookie day an acceptible payout for a music and movie merchant?

I was told that the margins are pretty small. But almost all merchants pay 5% - 10% with some return days which makes me wonder why the margins can be so small for one particular merchant but not for others.

Any ideas?

Thanks

snakebaby

A quick calculation based on my results so far for January for my main DVD merchant -- not targetting CDs but the store does offer them too -- shows an average of £0.56 (just over $1 USD) commission per sale. And that merchant offers 4% commission with 30 return days. Repeat purchases are not tracked however.

4% isn't bad. Low commission per sale means small sale, that's all. If someone ever orders $60 products, then the $$ can climb up. 4% is the lowest payout among these merchants. Many offer 10%. Timelife.com offers 15% commission (wondering how they can survive if the margins are as small as the other merchant claimed?). But paying $.50 per sale with 1 day cookie sure seems to be too stingy. Don't you think?

I have dropped that merchant because of this. I can't afford making $.50 per sale when I have to pay $1 for the ads before making the sale.

Hope I was told the truth about the margins. But then I'd suggest that merchant try to sell something else other than cds and dvds!!!

snakebaby

Yeah, it's pretty hot when I see someone ordering that Friends Series 1-10 boxed set Those are some fat commissions, 4% or not. Anyway, I'm more than happy with this program, as it converts an amazing 1/5 visitors - although admittedly some of them do manage to order things that cost £0.99

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread