ABW Ambassador
    What the h*** is that. My cj.com reports show 10 times more traffic than usual, especially from sites which I did not update since years.

carneol

Could be bots/spiders. Did any of it produce sales? If not, that would be my guess.

You might have also got some publicity, or some good SE placement, or something like that. Check your logs.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Can bots/spiders produce clickthroughs to merchants? No sales since now and SE placement the same.

carneol

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I saw the hits (without sales) yesterday as well on SAS links. I did not see the increase in adsense impressions however so I assume these are "bots".
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Last year i submitted one of my sites to some online broken link checker it went through my site and clicked on all the affiliate links. My stats went nuts as you can imagine. maybe your competetion put your site 5through one of these. just a thought
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Yesterday (9th Jan 2005) was an absolute disaster here - had a shedload of clicks, and a single sale (commission: £0.45 (~$0.80)). My Adwords stats tie up pretty well to the amount reported by CJ, so either:

a) It's January and everyone's broke
    b) I've been incredibly unlucky
    c) Something's up at CJ / AdWords
    d) My merchants all suck
    e) All of the above

Any takers for e)?

And please, no suggestions for an "f) I SUCK"

Spud I'll take (e)!

Just suddenly had 5 transactions pop up from one of my top merchants all within one hour! Just when I thought they were going bad. Although I find it somewhat difficult to believe that five customers from varying click dates would all descend upon the merchant to place orders right after each other, I can only assume that Mr Affiliate Manager had quite a backlog of affiliate payments to get sorted

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Although I find it somewhat difficult to believe that five customers from varying click dates would all descend upon the merchant to place orders right after each other,

Sounds like a batching merchant.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hi Leader, they're not listed as batching on their detail page. Also, I had another look through the csv file for the sales and the order #s seem fairly sequential, so maybe it was just a sudden rush of sales. Well I've had worse Mondays

ABW Ambassador
    i have posted the same thing several times.

nonconverting and nonbatching merchants suddenly churn out sales, and then suddenly stops, without even an increase in traffic numbers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread