Hi
    I have tried to create a TOC (Table of Contents) page but it does not seem to work.

I have put all my pages into one categorie, I then use the TOC wizard tell it to use the one categorie and it produces utter garbage.

I really wanted to use this facility and the automatic update feature in order to build a site map but dont know what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards John

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have put all my pages into one categorie, I then use the TOC wizard tell it to use the one categorie and it produces utter garbage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just ran through making a table of contents for a site there, and I saw nothing that asked for a category to be used...

I went to file / new / page, & selected table of contents

On that page I right-clicked where it says
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Title of a page<LI>Title of a page<LI>Title of a page[/list]and clicked on Table of contents properties which gave me the following options...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Page URL for starting point of table:

index.htm >>> if your start page is NOT called index.htm, type the name of your start page instead of index.htm

Options
    [] Show each page only once >>> I put a check in this box
    [] Show pages with no incoming links >>> I left this box unchecked
    [] Recompile table of contents when any other page is edited >>> I put a check in this box

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saved page and previewed.. It worked with no problem. I still have no idea where the category bit comes in to play though...

=========================

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

Hi Fish

Thanks for that. Its worked. I tried following the instuctions from the help file on FP2000 but it did not work, but then again the systems flawed as it has a human trying to work it and we do make mistakes.

It will be a nice addition to the site and with any luck the crawlers will like it when they come to visit, more food for the robots.

Thanks once again.

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

Ok Then

I know have the TOC page up and running but I see that some of the pages that I dont want listed have been listed. Anyone any ideas on how to take these pages out of the TOC????

Oh its fun.

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread