Hi. I have had an ongoing email with a customer on how to buy from my site. She cannot see the links to buy at all!

I don't have any fancy coding - just plain text link - blue on white background. She can see the pictures and ad spin - just no links.

Any ideas on why she can't see them?
    Here is her letter:

Hi Vicki,
    When I go to your site and get to the page with the ---- I get the picture of the ----- and the description you just typed to me but not the link ------. It is the same with the other products you have displayed, the description is there with the photos but there is not a single link to the sites to make the purchases. As far as what browser I use Internet Explorer by Microsoft (per my son!). Hope this helps I will check out your site again. Thanks again for all of the help you have given me, I truly appreciate it.

I have checked my site on a different browser and I can see them just fine and they all work. Any thoughts?

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

Sounds like ad blocking of the serious sort.

Are you serving up the images, or are they served by the the network/merchant? If you are serving up images, then it would indicate that the anchor to the merchant is being blocked.

May I suggest emailing her a text link? Otherwise, try a script for detecting ad blocking to see if that's the problem.

You checked them in a different browser, what about in IE? Did you double check your HTML just in case?

Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent email left on the planet.

Sounds like blocking, what country is she in?

I've had similar problems with people from certain OS countries not being able
    to click thru to Fredericks because of blocking.

Just read your post Webmistress, beat me to it;)
    I sent my customer a text link but they still couldn't access the sites, from what I rememer it was blocking by their ISP.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

I do use my own images so that is not the problem. I checked it in IE and aso had my friend check on their PC.

I think it must be ad blocking, what you all are saying makes sense. I tried sending her the link by email and she says all she got was a blank page.

Finally just gave up and gave her the direct link to the merchant, no tracking code. Not a big sale loss but still would have been nice to get the credit.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

Ah! I just remembered, it could be the ad blocking download I jumped up and down about in parasiteware...forgotten the name of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

It blocks all ads, banners, generated images and links...nasty!
    I'll see if I can find it again and if you know her, see if she has it on her machine.

Found it..could be http://www.adsubstract.com
    I found it while going through my log files a couple of months ago and wondered what it was...not a nice surprise:(

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

[This message was edited by mousejockey on August 28, 2002 at 08:41 AM.]

You can install the www.antiadbuster.com script, but make sure you also read the thread about it.

Haiko

<font size="2" face="Verdana"> The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli</font>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Admuncher blocks a lot of affiliate links too. I downloaded it and did a test. It blocked cj links for sure and I think maybe LS and BF also. The only reason my links showed is the way my site is programed, but it blocked all my 1 x 1 pixels. My click links are run through a PHP script so the actual affiliate URL isn't on my web page. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I think a lot of these types of programs will block affiliate links, even if they are text links and not banners.

I'd been holding off posting this until I could check it out but haven't had time. I remember a thread from several months back where there was an issue with links not being visible in IE. I don't recall if it was in conjunction with ad-busting software or not but I remember someone posting that if you don't use the "Set link to open a new browser window" and "Hide tracking code in link" options then the link will show as it is supposed to.

{

Stuff that makes me go, "huh?"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread