ABW Ambassador
    anyone know best free CMS for portal?, i have found like p ostnuke phpnuke but they unfriendly with google

I've had *some* success with PHPNuke and Google and no problem with the other SE's; however I think I mucked up my PHPnuke follow file. Domino is a real PHPNuke guy and uses it with apparently great Google success.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

ABW Ambassador
    Eaglefire
    nice to hear that you success with phpnuke.
    i'll consider switch to phpnuke.

do you have recomendation for best module/addons for phpnuke (for build affiliates pages ) ?

and how about postnuke are they good and friendly to SE as phpnuke ?

Haven't used PostNuke. I know there is a hack for it but if Pete says it sux for SE's then I'd believe him before I'd believe what I've seen on some of the PostNuke forums.

PHPNuke has an Amazon module, and there is a shopping cart that some use for affiliate products; Domino uses it. I've been using it to build a travel site and using the Content module to list each travel package on it's own page with pictures, etc. I know Googlebot has spidered those pages but I've only been able to find the first one in the index.

IMHO PHPnuke has *too* many modules if you're just going to build a shopping site, but if you're building a portal I think it's a good choice.

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks a lot eaglefire
    Now PHPNuke my choice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hope googlebot will eat my phpnuke site

I use php-nuke for a content site. It ranks 4th with Google, ahead of most of the Industry leaders. This is for a search term requested over 70,000 times per month according to Overture.

Individual pages also do well, I guess because of the Dmoz and Yahoo influence. In fact, Yahoo rates the site very highly, first position last time I looked! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you have any doubts as to whether Google will find the internal pages, simply add a few links via a sitemap page...unless Markymark has any better ideas?

Just trying to make an honest buck

ABW Ambassador
    wow cool buggy

and how about title and meta description ? is phpnuke has this edit feature...sorry but i'am still stupid in phpnuke. very newbie

PHP-nuke doesn't have title and description control for each page by default. You will need to install one of the hacks for that.

However, if you are planning to use PHP-nuke purely as an affiliate selling tool, most of the features such as forums, downloads etc will not be required.

A simpler solution would be to use a link indexing script such as Indexu and expand on the product descriptions.

The full version only costs $99 and is very adaptable, even allowing image uploads...

There is also a cut-down free version you can download to see if it suits your requirements.

Again, Google will find all your pages, especially if you help it a little [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have been a die hard fan of PHP Nuke for some time having had much success with google. The last project I did though needed a little more security when dealing with permissions and users of the site so I decided to go with post nuke. I don't know how that site does in the search engine because it's not mine, but I have to admit I really enjoyed using Post Nuke.

There are great modules for both cms systems. You may also try our phpkitchen.com for ideas on creating or modifying your own modules.

That Indexu site really looks interesting and I'll be looking into it. Thanks Buggy.

ANALBUMCOVER.COM
    Baby cover that bum!

ABW Ambassador
    Hi NuKers maniac
    have you upgraded to phpnuke 6.0 ?

Just updated to version 6. Everything went smooth! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I haven't had time yet to look at all the new features but the site is working as well as before so no complaints from me.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Nukers

just want to know about your experience

can googlebot crawl news in PHPnuke like this --> yoursite.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22 ?

any tips for phpnuke to be easy crawled by googlebot ?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread