I have a site with several pages and a form on each one, all delivering the results to an email address. I need to change the email address and am wondering if there is a way to do it without actually going into each page/form and doing it manually. I know you can change one hyperlink and they all change, but can I do that with a form email address? We're using FP 2000.

Thanks for any help!

---Hershey

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Here is one possible solution. Download a program called Textpad it is like notepad on steroids. Do a google search or type Textpad followed by a .com in your browser its free shareware eval for 30 days so if you dont like it dont buy it. I started using it 8 years ago and have never used Frontpage or any WYSIWYG editor ever again. Then open all the html files at once in the folder containing the html files you want to edit. Do this by Clicking on the first html file in the Open window and holding down the shift key while clicking on the "last" html file in the open Dialog box. This opens all of the html files at once. Then do a search and replace by pressing F8, then Paste CTRL V the email address that is in the html files currently to the "Find what" input box then Paste CTRL V the email address you would like to replace in the "replace with" input box. Make sure that "Match Case" is ticked and "All documents is also checked in the dialog box. Then mouse click on "Replace All". Then press "Save All".You are done! 5 minute fix.

http://hpstore.evsholdingco.com/

Brianboru, I will try that and let you know how it works. Thank you!

---Hershey

"Play like you have never lost. Love like you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching."

I guarantee you that it will work. There are not that many free fixes out there. If you want to spend 20 bucks there is a program called Alias Search And Replace for windows which is also a quick fix for what you are looking to do. The Textpad fix is free for 30 days and I think to buy it is around 50. Reply if you need any clarification or help on my previous post. Have a nice day.

That's a great tip.
    I never knew taht you could do a find and replace all across several files.

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit http://www.seymourab.4t.com

I hear you. About 7 or 8 years ago I was working with Front Page when it was also free. I like you wanted to know how to search and replace email addresses and text in these files. I ran across Textpad doing a search on google for "text editors search and replace" and found it. It is a unique tool and was well worth the price. No I do not work for them they are a UK company I think. The Alias search and replace program though is much more robust and does not restrict you in the amount of files it can search and replace. Alias also does "recursive" text search and replaces inside of "subdirectories" which makes it incredibly powerful. GO for it.

Back to your original question.
    Assuming the form is identical in all pages I would create a single page with the form. Then use the "include page" feature in all other pages to add the form to that page. So if you want to change the form in 100 pages you will only have to change it once.
    regards
    Tom

Tom E Silva

What if your email address changes or you want to change it? I prefer to have more control of the data from A TEXT code standpoint. In other words FrontPage puts alot of unnecessary junk code into the html files it creates. I simply gave her the simplest solution that will not only help her fix her current problem but allow her full control over how she manipulates her HTML data in the future. SHe can still maintain her use of the WYSIWYG editor but now have the confidence to edit those files outside of Frontpage if she deems it necessary. Options are always nice to have dont you think?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread