Hiya,

I use a lot of preformated scripts ie. ikonboard, etc. and I don't want to have to save it to my comp. When I publish, FrontPage notices that "... file exists on the destination sever, but not on the web, would you like to remove it." NO I don't want to remove them but there are hundreds of files that FrontPage would remove and I don't want to have to click the no button 100+ times. Is there some option where you can simply select "no for all."

Thanks for the help

The Best Affiliate Program I've Ever Seen

Hiya back at ya,

The only way I know how to NOT remove the files is to make one copy of each file you do NOT want to remove on your local drive. Select the file properties, and click "exclude this file when publishing the rest of the web." From then on, FrontPage will not ask if you want to remove the files. Also, you only have to copy the files to your local drive one time and exclude them from publishing. If the file changes on your web site, so long as the file names remain the same, between the files on your local drive and on the web site, it won't ask if you want to remove them.

I hope this helps :-)
    Fman

Sorry, but I read what I wrote and it wasn't clear.

If you make one copy of each file on your Internet site that you do NOT want FP to remove and copy them to your client and exclude them from publishing, the following will happen:

1) FP will NOT ask if you want to remove them.
    2) FP will NOT update the files (assuming the most recent copy is on your Internet site).

FP will not touch any file that you exclude from publishing. I know this is a hassle and you didn't want to have to make a copy on your client, but you only have to do this one time for each file, so long as the file name and location does not change.

Fman

Thanks Fman

Well, seems like its back to work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Best Affiliate Program I've Ever Seen

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread