Hi there!

All of my sites until this one are in HTML. It is very easy for me to edit text.

My newest site is a dating/personals site with ASP pages.

Is there an easy way for me to edit text? Do I need some kind of basic ASP editor?

I know some basic HTML... but nothing about ASP.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Paula [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That which is essential is invisible to the eye. - St. Exupery

Take off eh?
    Hi Paula,
    I bet pretty soon you will get the learn php pitch from the folks around here. I've got it myself many times over. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    That said it's something to consider as php seems to be a bit more powerful in some of what you can do with it.
    I don't know what you are using to do your html with but you can probably use it to create asp pages as well.
    All of the sites I have done in the last year or so have been in asp and I use a program called Homesite. It is just an HTML editor that is very easy to use and was somewhat cheap. I was told not to use Frontpage because some of the bloat it puts in pages can affect asp scripts. Wether that is completely true or not I don't know, because I never tried it after that.

As for Asp, I would recommend some of the Sams Teach Yourself series for learning about it. I used the Teach Yourself Ecommerce Programming with Asp in 21 Days to build my first site for a company I used to work at. It was like my bible and was very good when I had no knowledge of what asp could do. Since the I have been using a book called Active Server Pages Solutions from Coriolis a lot. It too is a wee bit basic but it went a bit farther in some areas than the Sams book.
    I don't know what titles they have, but I was recommeded Beginning PHP4 (Programmer to Programmer series) here on ABW and it is great so I would also take a look at any books on Asp that they may have.
    Anyway, good luck and I hope that helps a little.

Game on!!!!

Hi, PopDawg!

Thank you! After reading that my HTML editor could probably edit ASP pages, I checked it out.

Yes, it can! Now I can make all of the text changes. Thank you!

I'll look into the books you recommended to learn more of the programming aspect.

Paula S. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

That which is essential is invisible to the eye. - St. Exupery

I recommend Notetab - to edit your asp .... there is a freeware version of this software there.

As for learning ASP .... is a good place to start.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread