I am using frontpage at the moment and feel like I am using crayons. I downloaded the dreamweaver trial package and have tried to work with it but I don't have the time to really jump in and see if I like it. My impression is that it is more capable and flexible than FP. Is this true? I like the shared borders in FP and am really attached to it. Does DW have anything like this?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Steve

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Frontpage may have it's quirks and generates much HTML page bloat but 24 million domains were built using this Microsoft product. Might as well just figure it will be like Office and dominate the hosted page marketplace.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

I have both programs. I've used FrontPage extensively and I guess I'm very used to it by now. Several times this year, I have made a concerted effort to use Dreamweaver on new sites -- i.e., start off using DW from scratch. I've got DW third party books to help me and I've taken the time to really work with it. But each time I have gotten very frustrated and have come back to FrontPage. Say what you like about Microsoft products, but from Word to Excel to FrontPage, the average schmuck like me finds them the easiest software packages to use.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

I used frontpage 2000 to build my business, upgraded to frontpage 2002 and would like to 'upgrade' to dreamweaver mx but I'm too busy to take the month out to learn how to use it properly

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread