a penny a search . . .

. . . did I hear that right?

Hi Herb,

This was done a few weeks ago here: http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...411#3421085411

I don't think I'll be sending PPC traffic direct to them somehow!

Edit: Hmmm yeah you posted on that thread yourself. Maybe I misunderstood, wouldn't be the first time!

ABW Ambassador
    Just got the same thing and said get the F out of here!

Then I did a search on their site. The results have tons of sponsored links before you see the results which are that hot either.

Bob

But they are renaming the site... ASK CHEEPS

my starter posting in this thread was the reaction from just getting four or five copies of the offer.

someone should save this offering as well as a few others for an annual competition: cheapest affiliate offering of the year.

I got that offer too. I'm ordering my new Lexus tomorrow. LOL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I had missed their appearance at CJ, and the first thread. But I sure noticed that joke of an offer when they sent it to me 4 times!

Needless to say, they can forget it. I wonder if they'll ever get a clue or if they'll just deactivate in a cloud of confusion when no decent affiliates sign up...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    There are plenty of non-commercial sites for whom the penny-a-click would be fine and dandy.

Let's hope that they (AJ) get plenty of new exposure and US-based traffic. The old SE guard needs some competition to give it the boot that it needs, and those of us who do have commercial sites certainly won't mind having another source of steady traffic.

You got that right Chief! If you aren't doing well in google you should be promoting another search engine on your site. If you get a few pennies out of the deal so much the better.

quote:
    Originally posted by jane:
    You got that right Chief! If you aren't doing well in google you should be promoting another search engine on your site. If you get a few pennies out of the deal so much the better.

For the last several months, Ask Jeeves has been spidering my site hard - really, really hard - but I get very little traffic from them. So little, in fact, I've been tempted to just block the bot to save the bandwidth.

I saw somewhere where Ask Jeeves has 7% of the search market, overall. You sure couldn't prove that by me. Perhaps they're taking steps to improve their exposure, but they are going to have to improve their SERPs first. A couple of bad searches sends traffic packing fast. (Hear that, Google?)

Andy

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    - - - - -

Heh, you might have to buy it one tire at a time at THAT payout. Ummmm, this month, I'd like to buy the muffler, please!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

quote:
    Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    - - - - -
    - - - - -

Heh, you might have to buy it one tire at a time at THAT payout. Ummmm, this month, I'd like to buy the muffler, please!

What??? You don't think I can get a whole car with all the pennies I'd be raking in?

I got four of those same emails yesterday.

Why would I want to send someone away from my good paying merchant links for just one cent? I have no idea why anyone would do this but the general affiliate would probably not do so.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

If someone comes to your site looking for a product you have, why would they hit the search engine box when they get there? If they are ready to leave anyway, why not send them to an engine that ranks your sites high? Yahoo, Jeeves, Teoma, Msn or whatever.

What is so funny brianboru? You afraid Google would demote you for promoting the competition?
    I'm just a part time affiliate. I made 36,000. in 2003. By Jan of 2004 Google decided it didn't like most of my aff sites anymore. Thought for sure it would be a bad year but I made 35,000 So either people that use Google don't buy much or I would have made 90,000 had they not buried my sites. Anyways I am all for promoting search engines that like my sites, I don't care if I get paid for it.

I use the google search boxes on some pages of some of my sites. When they get used I see much more than a penny a click. I'm happy.

I got the offer also, applied, got declined, wtf?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread