Hi,

We are experiencing sudden drop in traffic and sales yesterday (01/12). Traffic has dropped but not as bad as sales (30% drop). We have mainly CJ merchants, I wonder if this is because the post holiday shopping season is over suddenly since yesterday ;-) Just can't explain why the sudden drop, the day before (01/11) was recording normal traffic and sales like the week before.

Is anyone out there experiencing the same sluggishness or just us?

Thanks!

me too....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

my2cents, you too? since yesterday (01/12)? with CJ only or other network as well?

most of my links are cj and sales are nill. Been that way for most of the past 2 weeks.

My traffic, however is as good as it was in Dec. In fact, yesterday (1/12/05) was the most traffic I have had all year/month! Sales are just blah!

Things are looking normal here for after the holidays. Can't complain.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Traffic is horrendous here. Down 1000 visitors a day minimum from December

Internet Cowboy
    My traffic is down and the only sales that are coming through are on sale items.
    This time of year American shoppers demand huge discounts on most everything except furniture.
    If you are partnered with merchants who aren't making a big deal out of a clearance sale, that is probably your problem.

15 years and counting
    I'm experiencing the same thing, all my web sites with CJ links have lost traffic. My web sites with no CJ links are doing great. CJ links are not targeted because I'm still getting sales from my web sites with few CJ links and no content from CJ merchants. It's not the best time of the year to increase our sales.
    I'm thinking the reason is due to the saturation of the SEs by the same information coming from the same data feed. Seems like the penalty for same or nearly identical content is getting worse. Too many people using WebMerge or datafeed.
    Glad I've not put all my eggs in the same basket.
    I'll like to hear what's the experience of CJ and see their own stats but I'm sure they don't want us to see them.

Your traffic loss might be because of Google. The mid-December update didn't go very well, and the results since then for many sites have been pretty bad. My Google traffic alone is down 75% since the beginning of December.

I'd expect some drop after the Holidays, but I think there's something else going on. My site hasn't been penalized, I just have a lot of trash sites ranking over mine for some reason.

Hopefully Google will get it together and fix their SERP mess up. And soon...

Andy

15 years and counting
    quote:
    Andy - Hopefully Google will get it together and fix their SERP mess up.

You're right, Andy. It was a pretty bad update. I'm seeing Google going the same way AltaVista did. Going too crazy to fight spam and end up going nowhere.
    On some of my keywords, where I've been on top for years, I'm seing 3, 4 or 5 websites with no related content, no links to products to buy, so I'm still the first "commercial" site further down and I'm still making the sale but I guess people searching Google must not be too happy.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'm sure it is because of Google. But it's been plenty of time since the update and still not seeing any change.

Yes that's to bad that google has that much of an influence that it can destroy peoples hard work just as fast as it can be the same source that gives you the opportunity to make money.. I feel bad for pure content sites because they rely mostly on organic listing for traffic.. At least sales sites can invest in PPC advertising and other means and are not crippled by a sudden change like seen in google..

Good luck...

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    My CJ traffic has kept steady and has actually increased. But it really doesn't matter, I haven't had a CJ sales in over 2 months.

No, that's a lie. I made $1.00

We've experienced a nearly 75% decline in traffic since mid-December. Google actually responded to our inquiry and stated our [showcase] site was only partially indexed and only shows the URL with no info (and no ranking). Once the site gets reindexed, results should return to normal... We went from having over 1000 top ten rankings in Google to zero. Only traffic we get now is comming from Yahoo and MSN. Like an F-14 hiting the arresting wires on an aircraft carrier... We even pulled our Gooogle PPC ads as they we're not performing and we couldn't see sending all the $$$ to Google and not get traffic in return.

Other sites must be experiencing tremendous growth (and sales) during this period - we just didn't get the luck of the draw.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread