Ok I got mostly everthing to work, the only thing that is hanging me up is ssi. I have a let menu and a top menu that are html files that are included in all my pages. All the pages they are included in are .htm. I can't seem to get this figured out. Once this is fixed look out cuz I'll be posting questions on PHP.

Regards & Thanks,
    Doug

Bye!

I'm not sure if this applies to php or the software you're running because I use ASP. When I make an include file, the file has to have .asp extension. I don't think that the files being included needed the extension, but the file it's included on does.

I would try first making the page they are included on a php page.

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

If you are using dreamweaver you can use library files instead of using ssi . Your server may require all pages using ssi to have the extension .shtml (for unix servers)
    Having to rename all existing pages to satisfy that type of server requirement can be devastating for search engine ranking. I would opt for using the library feature. When you make changes you do have to reupload all files that use that library item though

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your server may require all pages using ssi to have the extension .shtml (for unix servers) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are ways to force the server to parse .html pages as if they were named .shtml. Not all hosts allow this, though...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread