Just Lurking
    Just thought I'ld point out a great little tool called Proxomitron. Basically it's a very flexible HTTP proxy server. Works with just about any browser. It has a number of built in functions, most which will be upsetting to some of you around here. Banner killer and Popup poppers.

But it has many other uses. You can write your own filters for HTTP Headers and Webpages. Wrote one for google to return 100 results all the time, I figure that filter alone is saving me 2000 clicks a day.

Proxomitron can be found here: http://www.proxomitron.info/files/index.shtml

------------------------------
    "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You can just tell Google to return 100 results in the "preferences" section on their site and it always will...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Just Lurking
    I've tried that it never has worked for me. Maybe I clean my cookies to often. But my filter works with the Google bar, so it's cut out opening Googles Advance search every time.

I use it for a few other things too. Like switching the Agent header when I goto one of my own sites. Entering miscellaneous info here and there. Always have a new ABW topic buttons where ever I surf! Ok, I need to join Jason in ABW rehab.

I use the Log window alot when I have programming problems. It just a program I like, wish I told someone about it when it was being actively developed.

------------------------------
    "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread