I installed foxserv to help me with learning PHP. Well, I am having a problem or two.

I can creat a database and tables but they are not showing up in the dropdown on the left. But, the will show up if I click the link 'database statistics'

Additionally, when I dump data or table they never seem to go. I don't get an error but I will see data in the table.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doug

Bye!

Just Lurking
    Check your config.inc.php file, specifically $cfg['Servers'][$i]['only_db'] should be null (i.e. = ''; ).

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

That Seems to be fine. I tried totally uninstalling foxserv and deleting folders it left behind. Still old test databases were there and the same problems were there as well.

???!!!???!!

Doug

Bye!

Whenever you make a change to a table in phpmyadmin, you need to click on the "reload server" link if you have the permission to do so -- otherwise you can't expect to see the changes you wrought..

The MySQL server maintains a cache -- which is why lookups are so quick -- but you need to flush the cache to see big changes.

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread