Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've spent 3 months trying to get some response from the AAQ facility at CJ about cheques I haven't received and the only reply I get is "your question will be answered within 72 hours" and then absolutely NOTHING!

Recently, I asked that my payout limit be raised and for my cheques to be sent by Fed-Ex. Despite being assured by a guy called Chris at CJ (on the telephone 15th Dec) that the latest payment would not be sent until it reaches the NEW level, they have still posted it as per usual (even though the cheque was still pending when I had the conversation with him).

I already have 2 cheques missing and did not want to add another to the list. I actually sent a message some weeks earlier specifically asking them NOT to send me anymore cheques until the postal problem I am suffering with had been solved.

The best CJ can do (when they do actually respond) is to reissue cheques which also get lost. The value of one check has already been lost on the charges they make for doing this. Maybe they hope that if they keep doing this, they won't have to pay me at all? One cheque was returned to CJ because they didn't place a high enough postage on the envelope!

Perhaps if Todd sees this message (he didn't notice my last one) he might send me a PM so that I can discuss this problem with someone more senior.

I see no point in trying to make sales when I'm not getting paid for them! Which is one of the reasons I don't bother pushing CJ Merchants as much as others.

Mind you, with only one sale recorded (with CJ) in the last 7 days from 100,000 impressions, maybe I'm placing my limited efforts in the wrong direction? My direct Merchants produce much more with a lot less traffic!

So CJ, am I going to get paid, or what? Or would you prefer I let someone else have my growing traffic?

Ian,

You can change the payout level yourself. Click on the Account Tab and the right side of the page has an edit section. Just click there, enter your password and change the default payout level.

Poop to you, Poopie to most others.

Poopie Nubert
    Stuck in Snowman's Clothes until Dec 25th.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

When checks get lost, it is just as frustrating to us as it is to publishers - we want you to get your commissions.

If we send you your check, we cannot control whether it gets lost or not. It sounds like a problem related to your specific country. I do not think it is fair of you to blame CJ for you not receiving your check, when we have done everything correctly to send it to you.

Changing your minimum threshold is only going to get bigger checks lost in the mail. We do not offer Fed Ex as a method for sending payments.

I am not sure what alternatives we can offer to resolve your problem.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I had a check from August returned unpaid (PAYMENT STOPPED), I submited a ticket on 11th December and it still hasn't been replied to, I even attached a scan of the returned check. Still waiting.

Todd said "We do not offer Fed Ex as a method for sending payments."

I spoke to one of the guys at CJ who said it could be done and the message below is showing up in the AAQ area:

Response (CJACCESS) 12/15/2004 02:28 PM
    Hello Ian,
    I sent the memo to our finance department regarding what we talked about. Raised your minimum payout to $500 and Fedexing you payment. If there is anything else please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Chris

"I do not think it is fair of you to blame CJ for you not receiving your check, when we have done everything correctly to send it to you."

Is putting the wrong postage amount on the envelope my fault? Is sending out a cheque for less than $500 3 days after I raised the limit my mistake? Is the failure of your staff to respond to my questions my problem? What is the point of having this facility if nobody at your end answers the questions put on it?

"I am not sure what alternatives we can offer to resolve your problem."

You don't have any alternatives, that is the problem! You are only able to send payments direct to a persons bank for a handful of countries. Why is this? Others can.

If it is a question of cost, I think you can assume that I am prepared to meet any reasonable charge (it has to be cheaper than paying more than $100 for Fed-Ex or getting charged $25 to reissue cheques everytime)

"Changing your minimum threshold is only going to get bigger checks lost in the mail"

That's really helpful!

"When checks get lost, it is just as frustrating to us as it is to publishers"

But not quite as painful in your pocket I would guess.

If my reply makes me appear angry, it's because I am! VERY ANGRY!! If you were in my position, how would you feel about wasting your time sending messages to a company that are ignored, wasting time making telephone calls that do not help. And having to make an appeal on a message board to try and attract the attention of one of its employees?

Is this a professional way to do business? I think not.

The situation is this. Your AAQ facility does not produce answers, so perhaps there is someone who can? (a phone number or email address for this person would be useful).

Most problems have a solution, but it requires a little effort on both sides to obtain it. The postal problem is related to this country (the postman can't read English!), I have offered to provide a simple label giving my address in Russian, as this would eliminate the problem immediately. However, the answer I was given was that the computer sends the cheques. This much I know, but is it impossible for a cheque to sent manually in exceptional cases?

"we want you to get your commissions"

Let's see if you really mean this. If you can find an "alternative" and arrange for me to recover the money outstanding on the lost cheques and actually get this money to me. I will post a very big thank you on this board for everyone to see and promote your Merchants much more than I am doing at the moment. Does that sound reasonable?

I look forward to hearing your response later.

Ian,

We pay out to a lot of affiliates every month without problems. Every now and then some payments don't go smoothly. In most of these cases we correct the problem. In some cases we are not the problem (like the Russian postal service) and cannot solve the problem. It doesn't seem fair to blame this on the fact that your postman cannot read English. Russian gets a lot of mail from the US everyday that is written in English.

If we were to send out checks manually, it would become unscalable and would not be cost-effective.

I am not sure what alternatives we can offer to resolve your problem - but I'll check to see what others can offer.
    Todd Crawford

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ian--how about having your checks sent to a US-based mail forwarding service?

The other day, I found this company that one of my merchants refers to: http://www.myus.com/ The merchant uses them to do their international shipping. But they will forward other mail, too.

I haven't tried them, so I can't say if they're good. But it looks like an idea worth checking out.

They'd probably be willing to use your labels for the forwarding, too...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hello Todd,

I would not for one minute suggest that you pay out every cheque manually. With the volume of mail you have, that would indeed be quite a task. My suggestion was for "exceptional" cases. Perhaps, like in my case, where the problem has been stagnating for a few months and would be quicker to process by hand, rather than enter into time consuming correspondence which may actually take longer. Such cases may run into hundreds, but not thousands.

"It doesn't seem fair to blame this on the fact that your postman cannot read English"

I've lived in this God forsaken country for more than 12 years and whilst a great deal of post does reach its destination, it depends very much on the attitude of the person delivering the letter. If the English translation isn't exactly as it should be (and that's not easy), they will either return it or throw it away.

A few years ago (around New Year), some postal workers dumped a few thousand letters from an aircraft, because they wanted to get home quickly and drink vodka (sorting it out would have lost them drinking time!). This is a true story and just an example of the problems I face.

"I am not sure what alternatives we can offer to resolve your problem - but I'll check to see what others can offer."

That sounds more promising. Thanks.

Maybe there are companies in the US or UK that can take the payment on my behalf? (For a fee?) I haven't bothered trying to set up accounts in these countries myself as the cost of doing so wouldn't be worthwhile. My other payments arrive safely in different ways (smaller more flexible companies of course).

Perhaps, in the not too distant future, I will be able to provide a solution that better fits your system. But, in the meantime, maybe a temporary method can be used?

I hope to move my base to a more normal country shortly, where the postmen speak English, the internet connections don't break down every five minutes and a place where I don't have to look at ice and snow for 5-6 months of the year!

I await your further comments shortly and thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Ian.

Hi Leader,

Just noticed your message! That sounds like a possible solution.

I'll try and contact them tomorrow (0430 hours here) and see what they can do.

Many thanks for that information, that could be a great help!

Ian.

Update for Todd.

30 minutes ago I received a cheque delivered by Fed-Ex! But before we open the champagne, it should be noted that this cheque is the one that was posted 2 days after I agreed with CJ to raise the payout limit to $500 and gave instructions that cheques for $500 or more should be sent by Fed-Ex.

This cheque should not have been sent and was for much less than $500! In fact the cost of sending it was probably more than the value of the cheque itself.

I also received a reply from AAQ, to say that the two missing cheques would be stopped and reissued. Of course they did not forget to mention the fact that I would be charged $25 for each cheque stopped!

Now, I made it very clear that the two missing cheques should NOT be reissued, but returned to my balance and included in a future payment (when the total reached $500). The cheque I received today should also have been returned to my balance in the same way!

No doubt I will receive TWO cheques (in seperate envelopes) shortly, also sent by Fed-Ex? And there I was, thinking only things like that happen in Russia!

If CJ think I am going to pay something like $100 for each cheque issued (probably three) THINK AGAIN!

Please do not say this is my fault. My instructions were clear enough for even a five year old kid to understand. The problem has occured because people do not read ALL of the messages and this confirms my point about the AAQ service.

The Fed-Ex service managed to find me with the address I gave (in English) and proves another point. Russian Fed-Ex staff get paid around 5-10 times more than a government employed postman and have more incentive to actually deliver letters. My previous cheques probably did reach Moscow, but the government staff were too lazy to deliver them! (Or maybe the cheques were sent to my old address which I changed 2 weeks before they were sent, who knows?)

I am now faced with the situation that a company in America ignores me and a Russian postal service won't deliver my post unless I pay to have it delivered by Fed-Ex! I am used to paying extra in Russia to obtain a normal service, but I object to having a company like CJ treat me in this manner!

I have been as patient as possible over this situation and have endeavoured to be reasonable. But let's face it CJ, this whole thing is a bloody shambles! There is no excuse for it at all.

I also find it amazing that I have to bring my complaint to a message board and discuss this problem openly, when someone should have the decency to contact me directly so that I can talk to them "privately". I am lucky that ABestWeb exists, otherwise my problem would never be seen at all.

Once again, is anyone at CJ going to sort this problem out, or not? All it takes is about 5 minutes of someone's time to actually read my messages, take some action and make everyone happy. About as long as it takes to tell me how much you are going to charge me for the "help" you give!

I've heard enough talk and excuses. Let's see some action!

I understand your frustration but an confident that things will get worked out to your satisfaction in the end.
    Todd Crawford

AAQ Update.

Maybe someone finally listened? Although no one has claimed responsibility yet.

However, the two missing cheques have been placed where they should be now and assuming I am not asked to pay the Fed-Ex cost for the recent cheque, everything is now as it should. As I don't know who finally helped, I shall just say "Thank you, Santa!"

Now that this problem is out of the way I can get on with placing some links for the New Year action. As promised, I will push CJ Merchants more for 2005 and hope it doesn't take too long to reach the new limits I have agreed to.

Finally, I'd like to wish Todd, ABestWeb and all that visit here a very Merry Christmas and a profitable New Year. Good luck to you all.

Ian.

Sorry Todd, I missed your message when I posted my latest reply.

I suspect that you are probably the "santa" I should be thanking? Thanks!

I hope I didn't give you too much extra stress just before Christmas? Hopefully, all will run much more smoothly now.

I'm off to look for some new links to add to my site, I believe CJ have some good holiday and health Merchants on their books :-)

Thanks again.

Ian.

Just when you think it's safe to go back into the water!

My balance has just been reduced by $70 to pay for sending the last cheque for $110. It seems that I am expected to pay for the mistakes of admin staff at CJ.

I was going to add a lot of CJ links to my site. However, in view of this I won't until the $70 is returned to me.

If it hasn't come back in the next couple of days I will be replacing links instead of putting on new ones. Enough is enough! I pay for my own mistakes and I expect others to do the same.

Just be glad you received a reply, I'm still waiting since 11th December to get an answer as to why my August check was returned unpaid by CJ's bank.

FOR THE ATTENTION OF TODD:

The $70 has still not been credited back to my account yet (maybe next Christmas?) and although the credit for the 2 stopped cheques was put back on my total, this too has gone now!

I looked at the payment details section and discovered that 2 cheques were sent on the 28th of December (yes, those 2 stopped cheques!).

Once again I wrote to AAQ and once again I get no reply. However, someone has taken the trouble to mark the questions "solved" (two times). The questions have not been answered yet, how can it be solved?

If previous CJ actions are anything to go by, I expect that these two cheques will arrive in the next day or so by Fed-Ex IN SEPERATE ENVELOPES! Even though, once again, they are below the new payout level. And I expect that my account will be reduced AGAIN by a further $140? ($70 for each cheque)

This stupidity can not go on! Is there anyone capable of solving this very simple problem or not?

If your current staff are not up to the task then hire some people who are. If you pay me enough I'll offer my own services and show you how simple it really is (although I think my ten year old daughter can probably handle it just as well).

Nobody seems to want to take any responsibility for this, the people who have been involved only give their first names (I wonder why?).

I have run many businesses in my time (that have made many millions of dollars) and if I was to give this sort of service they would not have lasted very long. The excuse of being a big company is only valid in respect of time saving aspects of its operation, it is no excuse for ignoring the small guys who have helped make the company so successful.

Or do they not matter anymore?

I opened a ticket through AAQ on July 24, 2004. It has been closed, marked "Solved." It is regarding a bug in the CJ Affiliate Interface. It still has not been fixed.

I opened another ticket when I noticed the original one was closed. I was advised that they were working on it, and I would be updated when the repair was made. That second ticket was marked "Solved" as well.

5 months and counting...makes you wonder how important any of this really is to them.

Andy

Following my last post I received a response from AAQ to say that my $70 has been credited back to my account (which it has). However, it took another message to obtain a response about the reissued cheques (2 replies in one day, is that a record?).

Apparently, CJ are claiming that there is some "2 week notice" before a change in the payout limit goes into effect. I can find no mention of any such "notice". Has anyone else seen it?

Basically, what has happened is that the two lost cheques have been reissued 13 days after the limit was changed. Yet, strangely enough, another cheque was sent to me (by Fed-Ex) prior to this. Unfortunately, the two "new" cheques were sent by normal post AGAIN, which means these too will probably get lost!

Perhaps CJ think I will pay $25 everytime for new cheques until there is no longer anything to pay? I suppose that's one way of making the problem "solved"

What really has happened is that an error has been made and I am supposed to believe that there is some "notice" in order to excuse this mistake. Well I don't!

In order to offer some compromise, I am willing to wait 2 weeks for the cheques to arrive. If they don't, I expect them to be cancelled and the credit placed on my account (as it should have been before) WITHOUT any charge.

I am currently awaiting a response to this.

As for your question Andy about "..how important any of this really is to them", it would seem that it is only important when people take the trouble to cause a stir.

The AAQ facility has no real function other than to make people believe some action might be taken. In order to really make it work you have to post messages on this board so that the people who take the questions at CJ can be told to actually do something.

In the meantime, I waste more "selling time" trying to sort out this stupid problem and for what? I have one merchant that provides ten times as much income (than the 400 plus merchants I have with CJ) with no effort at all! They pay on time and I get the money! (send me a PM if you want to know who they are)

Anyway, let's see what happens next.

CJ's AAQ is definitely broken.
    Two times my unanswered question were marked as "solved".
    One time my question was there for more than a month without anyone answering it.

I had a question marked as solved when it clearly wasn't too.

quote:
    Auto-Response 12/16/2004 04:14 AM
    Hello,

This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience.

Response (Dipa) 12/16/2004 04:07 AM
    Hi Chris,

This is currently being reviewed. You will receive a response shortly.

Thanks
    Dipa
    Client Services Representative

Although the issue SEEMS to have been resolved, I was rather nonplussed when Dipa marked my query solved after adding her message. I never did get that response either

Everything should be fine now... CJ must use infopoop too!

Poopie
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

How do you know, Poopie?
    Yesterday my unanswered 1 month old question was still there.
    I opened a new question yesterday and let's see how it works this time.

It's been 5 days, no response at all, other than 2 automatic system response. Todd, are you around to take a look?

lost cheque!!

i have lost a cheque $3K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast