http and a telephoto
    I find it hard to believe that Front Page can generate a site map and Dreamweaver can't, I don't mean the site map view in Dreamweaver, but a real old fashioned html page with a site map/directory/listing of files.

I searched the Macromedia site to no avail, I asked a couple of other lists I am on and now I come to the gurus here at ABW for answers... LOL

I *had* front page on my old computer, but the cd's are buried in storage and I have no clue where they are, so if I cannot accomplish this feat in Dreamweaver I am doomed to give Bill Gates another chunk of my hard earned money to buy yet another copy of Front Page.

Save Me!! Show me how to do this!!! Point me to a tutorial!!! (Google did not help, nor did a search of the Macromedia Dreamweaver forum) I DID GO HUNTING!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

SAMS Teach Yourself Ultradev in 21 Days recommends saving the site map to a graphic file. You can use an image map to provide point and click functionality from the site map to the different pages on your site. Doing this will turn the site map into a navigation tool for the visitors.

Doesn't sound as convenient as Front Page's option...

http and a telephoto
    A graphic site map is next to useless. I get a lot of hits on html site maps. The search engines love them.

I'm just amazed that Dreamweaver can't do something like this and Front Page can.

Macromedia has a site map on their site... wonder how they made it???? LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread