I have stumbled across a major problem. It seems, I have found that more than one site(one a large corporation) has stolen my content and graphics exactly from my site. Is there a code that can block someone from saving my web pages to their hard drive? What about preventing them from stealing graphics and text? Is there a way to disguise your source code so people cannot steal from you? I am not the most technically savvy, but am trying to learn.

One offender had the nerve to post a question on a large IT site listing my site and asking how they could steal all of my content for their own use.

Thanks for any help with this

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>One offender had the nerve to post a question on a large IT site listing my site and asking how they could steal all of my content for their own use. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    With this evidence, it sounds like you have the basis for a rather profitible lawsuit. Save all old source code for your site, get screen shots both current & old. Go to http://www.archive.org/ and get screen shots and code.

Then get a good lawyer.

Wayne

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread