Anyone have information regarding CJ's datafeed? I am thinking of signing up and am wondering if anyone has the PDF manual they give you when you sign up. I wanted to take a look at it to see what the process is and what fields CJ Merchants provide, etc. I got LinkShares, but havent gotten CJs.

Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    Here's the fields provided. Which ones are populated will vary from merchant to merchant:

PROGRAMNAME PROGRAMURL LASTUPDATED NAME KEYWORDS DESCRIPTION SKU MANUFACTURER MANUFACTURERID UPC ISBN CURRENCY SALEPRICE PRICE RETAILPRICE FROMPRICE BUYURL IMPRESSIONURL IMAGEURL ADVERTISERCATEGORY THIRDPARTYID THIRDPARTYCATEGORY AUTHOR ARTIST TITLE PUBLISHER LABEL FORMAT SPECIAL GIFT PROMOTIONALTEXT STARTDATE ENDDATE OFFLINE ONLINE INSTOCK CONDITION WARRANTY

Thanks! Is UPC commonly used by larger merchants? eg Buy.com, Overstock.com, Walmart.com, etc? If anyone has the PDF I would stil like to read it, thanks!

"Thanks! Is UPC commonly used by larger merchants? eg Buy.com, Overstock.com, Walmart.com, etc?"

Yes.

Fred

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've used the CJ feed for a long time now, but don't remember there being a PDF. Maybe way back in the beginning there was a link to one somewhere within CJ, but I wasn't able to find any you when I just checked now. And I never saved a PDF about the feeds.

However, I did find an article in the Knowledge Base. From the Contact Us link in the acc't manager, find the link to the knowledge base and then search for "Product Catalog Data Feeds for Publishers" and you'll find a *basic* FAQ about the feeds. It does say the process to get the feed, but isn't specific about fields, etc.

AFAIK there is no sample feed like Snare has, but if you use the Ask A Question (AAQ) at CJ, maybe they can give you a sample (and a PDF if one exists).

On another note--"SKU" is a more commonly used field than UPC in my experience. Although the way-too-miniscule-to-bother-with-it commission places (ie, "larger" merchants) may use it.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader, Thanks for the help. I found the info you were talking about and it was helpful. I also did find a PDF from a user on another message board. It is called "Scheduled Data Transfer Guide" and was published in May 2004.

Can anyone give me an estimated of the file sizes of the datafeeds? Eg. for a smaller company with 500 products vs. medium size with like 5,000 products vs. large size with like 50,000 products and one of the giants with like 500,000+ (maybe like Compusa or Walmart.com).

I appreciate all the help.

Some sample sizes:

106 items - 50 KB
    1075 items - 803 KB
    3410 items - 2.8 MB
    31,006 items - 32 MB
    681,187 items - 402 MB

It'll vary quite a bit depending on how long the description fields are, but this should give you a rough idea. It's typically 500-1000 bytes per item.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Good stuff. Thanks guys!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread