My site looks not bad on a standard monitor but I happened to stop at the Office Depot and had a look. Lines are spread out and the whole site looks small. I just use straight html and nothing fancy. Is there any code I can slip in to correct this. Much appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    My site looks not bad on a standard monitor but I happened to stop at the Office Depot and had a look. Lines are spread out and the whole site looks small. I just use straight html and nothing fancy. Is there any code I can slip in to correct this. Much appreciated.

Hi, Mailman,

Maybe the monitor at Office Depot was set at a higher resolution than you are used to working with. My guess is that you use percentage pixel widths rather than fixed pixel widths.

Best,

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Ditto to RadarCat's comments. Resolution is easy to change on a PC. Check your site with a range of resolutions.

are you using tables to layout the site?

if you are, you can usually help to minimalize this problem by setting a width for the outter table to the smallest resolution which you want to support, and center the table within the page.

without encapsulating the page within a table (or some other container), the browser will automatically use up all of the browser space allowed, which will vary depending on each users own system construction, and settings.

you could have your monitor set to the smallest resolution, while the computer at office depot could be set at the maximum resolution to showcase the monitors capabilities better.

so you'll want to make sure that everything on the page is designed with widths which are set to an exact number of pixels, and it should load more consistently at all resolutions and browser combinations.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread