Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    They've got a program, if anyone is interested.

45 day cookie, but "Customer donates funds to tsunami relief effort. " i.e. your commission.

I personally don't have a problem with that, and signed up. Have to check out their creatives.

"Commission Junction has partnered with the Red Cross to offer you a way to make a difference in this tragedy. Please note that neither Commission Junction nor you as a publisher will be compensated for funds raised through this initiative. Your participation is completely voluntary, commission-free and very much appreciated. Your efforts will combine with other Commission Junction publishers, and many people world-wide to make a measurable and meaningful difference."

Fred

Good stuff, now if online the credit card issuers and transacting companies will continue the no-fee policy, that would be even better.

At 2%, $1 million = $20K just for transaction fees!!!!! That money could be well used for the actual relief fund in my opinion.

I think this is a very nice thing for CJ and affiliates to do. I started running the ads last night. This is such a horrible tragedy.

I saw a story on CNN about a couple of kids, who lost everyone else in their family, their house, virtually everything. They found the concrete slab where their house used to be, and the kids could identify where their bedrooms used to be, but everything was gone.

So sad. I wonder what kind of future they will have now. I'm happy to give up some commissions, hopefully in some way it will help them out.

Andy

http and a telephoto
    Yup, all signed up. Zero commision, priceless rewards.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Agree with what Ian has to say, Credit card companies should waive off the transaction fees for these donations would make a huge difference.

Great idea but I will pass! It is a tragedy and people will donate without having cj links provided. I have my links direct to charities. I will not be surprised to see something in the paper that cj and the good folks at ebates donated a million dollars. Why the need for a 45 day cookie who cares about that when you are not getting a commision on the click thru. Not that you would want one of course. Can you say I don't trust at all. my direct links are not blocked by nortons either. I can think of about another 15 reasons to bypass cj with any chartity link if I think long enough.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

not to be another negative person, but I've read reports very lately that the Red Cross will reach their goal soon for the recent tragedy. There must be other international charities that will still run short.

GoldShieldUSA: I think the CC companies are "waiving" the fees but only for a limited amount of time. They call it a matched donation in the amount of transaction fees incurred for that period of time. At least they did that, but not after the media brought light to this issue.

nyfalcon: I am guessing the cookie is for metrics?

Why would you go through CJ to do this ????

Why not just link to the RED CROSS..
    no commissions no loss..

It sounds fishy to me.. why the 45 day cookie... why the CJ link at all..??

The only reason I can think of is so that CJ can deduct from their taxes the commissions that could have been earned..?? wierd..

Suzie,

You seem to be in a rather negative mood based on your previous posts elsewhere today.

Why though CJ? Why not? We are doing our part to help with the relief efforts. We worked with the Red Cross to set up for free an affiliate program to drive donations. This provides easy access to links and tracking of impressions and clicks you send the Red Cross.

The 45 days is default in our system and since we aren't tracking conversions and you won't get paid any commissions it is a moot point.

Have a nice day.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    I Just saw this thread. I will add links on all pages today.

Thanks Todd

ABW Ambassador
    While if you are just linking direct, why not just link direct - i think if you are using CJ's ad rotator, putting these into the mix would be nice and having them available makes it possible.

Chet

Todd
    quote:
    Why though CJ? Why not? We are doing our part to help with the relief efforts.
    CJ. Whilst I admire do the fact that CJ are doing this for nothing I would like to ask, has CJ as a company made a donation itself or is this just another way of getting some good PR for yourselves?

On a personal note, the day CJ starts to think more about its honest affiliates than its parasitic partners then I might consider helping you get the PR, until then no way!

I personally put direct links to five or six different charities up on my index page along with a couple of banners that are able to show on all my pages the day after it happened not two weeks after.

Forgive me if you think I am a little cynical of you but I can asure you you have given me plenty of cause to be this way.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon, you do whatever you think is best. It took two weeks to work out things with the Red Cross.

I don't think you are a little cynical - I think you are very cynical.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I won't post what I think you and CJ are or Haiko would ban me.

Roll on the day the Law Lords say the Networks are to be held as responsible as the parasites themselves.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I put their banners up through CJ, too.

quote:
    It took two weeks to work out things with the Red Cross.~Todd

I'm not surprised.

I had looked at their page (on the Red Cross site) with banners on it right away, before they appeared at CJ; it says that to run one they have to contact the person donating space--with an agreement!

I'd have thought they'd be glad to get free ad space, but after reading their page, it seemed almost as if they thought they're doing the donors a favor instead of the other way around. Not being inclined to have to negotiate to *give away* a banner slot, I just didn't put any ads up for them.

I groused about this in another thread, too, but thought it was worth mentioning again since some people in this thread seemed to wonder why others weren't rushing to put up Red Cross banners with direct links.

quote:
    I've read reports very lately that the Red Cross will reach their goal soon for the recent tragedy. There must be other international charities that will still run short.~Herb

Any ideas which ones? I'm not surprised at the reports--the Red Cross tends to raise funds pretty well--but I don't know who to switch the ads for when the time comes.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I found a banner while surfing and copied it to my server and link directly to the donation page, it's better that way for my personal edification. That being said, it did take a darn long time just to find a creative to put up so I'll have to give CJ 'props' for facilitating this for affiliates who care to offer this to their visitors.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    If you are looking for alternate or country specific charities, Wikipedia has a page here listing many charities and other information pages.

Todd, I understand the time element involved in setting up a program. CJ is to be commended for their involvement.

I have a feeling CJ is doing this to claim it off their taxes with our help.

CJ charges merchants to set up an affiliate program. Donate that service to the red cross; they can write it off their tax return.

"I have a feeling CJ is doing this to claim it off their taxes with our help."

Yup. And nothing stopping affiliates from writing it off on their taxes too.

Fred

quote:
    Originally posted by buy_online:
    _"I have a feeling CJ is doing this to claim it off their taxes with our help."_

Yup. And nothing stopping affiliates from writing it off on their taxes too.

Fred

If they ever approve you. My app has been pending since the day they started it.

Todd,

If there were other charities that you would offer a Red Cross type program to (i.e. no commissions, all funds to the charity), I would also look at putting these up on my site.
    Apollo

ABW Ambassador
    Well, cj does make it a lot easier for us lazy/busy webmasters to put up that red cross banner.

I was thinking of putting up some Red Cross Banners for the Hurricane Victims, so I logged into CJ and *poof* the Red Cross is no longer there ... I understand the initial impetus for setting up on CJ, but there will always be needs for Red Cross donations.

Could CJ bring them back and keep them active?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast