I have the standard two button microsoft mouse with a roller. I cleaned my mouse this morning, you know, got the gunk off the rollers, etc. like I've done a million times before. But when I was done and tried to use it again, the left mouse button is acting goofy. I click on it once and sometimes it does one click like it's supposed to but sometimes it double clicks even though I only clicked once. Sometimes it doesn't do anything at all. What have I done and how can I fix it?

I did all sorts of google searches for mouse problems, looked for support on microsoft.com, but found nothing. I tried playing around with the mouse settings in the control panel to no avail. I used a thin blockbuster card and cleaned the gunk out from around the edges of the button but no help. I'm hoping maybe someone here has encountered a similar problem and solved it.

Thanks,
    Keith

ABW Ambassador
    Get a can of air and blow out any debris from under the lip of the button. Something probably fell deep inside and only air will get it.

And then throw the mouse in the trash and pick up an optical mouse, you can get a nice logitech from as low as $12. Once you get it, you will wonder why you even bothered with the old mouse. It really is an amazing improvement.

Chet

The can of air works but if don't have access to one, it costs almost as much as a new mosue. As Chet mentioned try and pick up a new mouse. It truly is an amazing feeling not having to smack the mouse every few minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    It truly is an amazing feeling not having to smack the mouse every few minutes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about those of use who like to abuse animals (vermin)....

I agree... it's whole different experience..
    I have one of each....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Ok, you guys convinced me. I just went to Walmart and bought a new Logitech optical mouse and installed it. It was $14 something. Much better. Thanks for the advice and for cheerfully putting up with my off-topic post.

Keith

http and a telephoto
    Anyone still using mice with balls is just a masochist....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Hey Guys, while we're talking mice...I've had a logitech MX700 cordless mouse and keyboard for just on a year now and it's fantastic..except the batteries finally went dead in the mouse.
    I've put in new batteries (batteries as per spec) but the mouse won't hold a charge for any longer then 5 mins!
    I tried another new set of batteries just in case they were off, but the same thing keeps happening....anyone have any experience with this problem?

I really miss using the logitech

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mousejockey:
    Hey Guys, while we're talking mice...I've had a logitech MX700 cordless mouse and keyboard for just on a year now and it's fantastic..except the batteries finally went dead in the mouse.
    I've put in new batteries (batteries as per spec) but the mouse won't hold a charge for any longer then 5 mins!
    I tried another new set of batteries just in case they were off, but the same thing keeps happening....anyone have any experience with this problem?

I really miss using the logitech <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have one word for you... Gyration.

It is the bomb in cordless mice. The keyboards aren't so great, but the mouse is the bomb. Wish they had an affiliate program. I bought one a year ago, my son stole it that night and I had to buy another the next day. One year later my son bought the $300 pro package.
    Deborah Carney

Try the sideways scrolling mouse from Microsoft. Just saw one of these the other day, push the scroll wheel to the side and you can scroll horizontally. Great for spreadsheets, but does this also mean we can now make our web pages as wide as we want?

Wow! just took a look at the Gyration mouse...how cool is this you can use it in the air!
    One thing loxly, what's the footprint like?
    I find the logitech MX700 so big and comfortable, it cushions your hand...btw OfficeDepot have them, don't they have an aff program?
    http://www.gyration.com/

Hi Jane, I've the microsoft wireless optical mouse as well, I'm using it till I sort out the logitech or buy another.
    The only thing I find with microsoft mice is they are much smaller then the logitech. It's not that I have huge mitts, just very long fingers
    I also find the micro mouse a bit slower then the logitech, could be that I'm using the logi keyboard though.

Don't know how I ever used the old style mouse constantly tweezing gunk out, being restricted by a cord....I'll have a feel of the gyration if they're at the computer store here.

http and a telephoto
    The Gyration is longer and thinner than a "normal" mouse. I will never be able to use a regular shaped mouse again, they hurt my hand!

My son uses his in the air all the time, I still like mine on the table, but it doesn't have to be there. I need to buy spares.

Yes, they are available from places with aff links, but I like to buy direct when I can. My son ordered the pro kit and had it delivered priority and it came nice and fast.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    If you have carpal tunnel or want to save your hand from getting it try this!

http://www.quillmouse.com/

I was almost ready for surgery. This mouse did the trick! Read about it and it totally makes sense. A little hard to get used to but once you do your hand will say THANK YOU!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread