http and a telephoto
    quote:
    The XXXXXXXX affiliate program has been a tremendous success. Our affiliates have produced sales beyond the company's expectations.

However, the growth in membership has outpaced our inventory growth. In order to ensure that we can offer excellent service to our new and existing subscribers, XXXXXXXX has decided to temporarily place the Commission Junction affiliate program on hold. For a short period, expected to be 60-90 days, XXXXXXXX will not be accepting subscriber signups through the CJ network.

XXXXXXXX remains committed to the affiliate program and we expect to reinstate the CJ program in 60-90 days. We apologize for the inconvenience some affiliates will experience during this temporary interruption. Thank you for your support and we look forward to renewing our relationship in the near future.

Affiliates make you successful, you are turning off the program for 60-90 days and THEN you want affiliates to come back?

LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Now that's a real business plan!

Thanks loxly - I needed a good laugh.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Art & Artifact did the same thing last year. The AM claimed they were re-evaluating their affiliate program. They returned to CJ with terms that were less advantageous to affiliates. By the end of the year they abandoned their aff program entirely.

:sniff-sniff:

I got the same email.... this morning...

they are not going to like my response... I'm going to have to reconsider my options...

another one for the cyber junk heap... maybe in 60-90 days if they beg... I'll says thanks but no thanks...

snip-snip...

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

In my book the number one rule of business, if you are going to make it through the bad times, is to not talk your business down.

In other words they aren't going to send out an e-mail that says we've got a major problem...
    It is in their interest to put a positive spin on whatever is going wrong.

I'm not trying to defend the company because I have no idea what the details are, but just thought I'd give a different perspective.

Chuck

and if I knew who we were discussing, I'd be sure to put them on my "ignore when back" list

In defense of XXXXXXXXX, if they cannot support the sales due to lack of inventory, what would you all propose they do instead? I think they are being honest and trying to do the right thing by informing their affiliates while they resolve their inventory issues.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

http and a telephoto
    Yes, it was nice they informed us, however, they did not say when this takes effect. That is a problem. When I first read the email I thought it said they were not taking NEW affiliates, which made sense to me. Then I re-read it when they mentioned incentives for re-signing when the program re-opens.

There are ways to solve inventory problems if you are experiencing growth that also involves a large influx of cash, without stopping the flow of new business.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

it will also be interesting to see what the prospective affiliates are offered on their return, compared with the original deal.

Trust me, inventory problems aren't that easy to manage. There are all kinds of issues that come into play.

It would be nice if money were like a magic wand that can make problems go away. It isn't.

If the problem was lack of inventory, Todd is right.

Chuck

Also, If I were an AM, I would want 200 affiliates sending me great quality traffic and making tons of money, than 2,000 affiliates all competing with each other, and none of them doing really well with the program.

I agree with Todd.
    Apollo

ABW Ambassador
    Apollo

Todd was right, but I think you got this wrong. This is all about merchant inventory problems, not poor affiliate conversion.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread