Internet Cowboy
    Quick question regarding the redirection of links in order to avoid the Norton and other issues:

If I set up a simple redirect like this:

http://www.mydomain.com/redirect/php...heitemhere.htm

will that be enough to avoid the link being killed by Norton or being noticed as an affiliate link by the search engines? Do they read only the first domain/URL or can they pick the url= attribute from the example above?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Scott

I'm gonna say that this won't work. Norton will still see the affiliate url and will simply remove it.
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

ABW Ambassador

Internet Cowboy
    Mike,
    That article is great and will be used on my non datafeed pages.
    I am trying to do this inside of another php script that calls items from a MySQl datafeed and it isn't working.
    Do you have a reference on how to do this using a MySQL db? That would probably be the best way to go.
    Thanks

Scott

Internet Cowboy
    I've got it worked out.
    Thanks

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Mike - I needed that EXACT same page sent to me!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Scohaz - we're neighbors - keep bumping into you here - you going to WMW in Vegas in Nov?

Seem to remember you're in central Florida area... if so, PM me if you ever want to get together.

Internet Cowboy
    Donuts,
    I am not going to Vegas in November, too many other things going on in thr 4th quarter.
    I am in the New Smyrna Beach (even though there is no more beach) area. If you are ever in the area, it would certainly be nice to have a chat with a collegue. I know NOBODY who does what I do for a living. I am sure others out there are in the same boat. Chatting and sharing experiences and ideas over coffee or a beer sounds good to me. It can only do us both some good.
    FYI, I found go.php and it meshes nicely with MySQL and works like a dream for masking links! Now I am off to apply it to a "bazillion" pages and get rid of visible affiliate links all together.
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scohaz:
    FYI, I found go.php and it meshes nicely with MySQL and works like a dream for masking links! Now I am off to apply it to a "bazillion" pages and get rid of visible affiliate links all together.
    Scott <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Scott,
    I'm trying to work out the same kind of redirect. Could you let me know what go.php is?

Thanks
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Internet Cowboy
    Tamb,
    Go.php is really cool. It uses a php script to link your affiliate links to a MySQL db, giving your links the format of "http://yoursite.com/go.php?id=xxxx".
    Google "go.php" and you will find it. It is free and very easy to use if you have basic php and MySQL skills.
    Scott

Cool. Thanks Scott.

It's not exactly what I was looking for but it may come in handy for something else I'm working on.

Cheers
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread