I have a web site and I want to put a weather thing on that gives the snow reports etc. Can anybody tell me or recommend one that is free please? I've seen a few but all those that I found needed to be paid for.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

HamWeather.com
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Dont know if it is what you need
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/
    has a weather info program you can use on your site

Thanks guys I took a look at HamWeather it seems quite an intricate thing I think I will have to wait till i get back from the UK before I start to try it out. Maybe I will have it up and running by next winter
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon,

Ever try the US Weather service? Think you can get reports (not very fancy) and satellite images also.

Bob

FYI: ham Weather is software that uses Us Weather service data and makes it more usable...

the software is free to use if you leave the linkback to Ham WAether.

available in PERL and PHP I think they also have an ASP version..

Joe

I have been using this software for 4 yaers...with no problems...

Instruction are very good...and well thought out... there is a forum if you get stuck...

great if you want to add a branded weather service to your site...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Till you get back from the UK just put up the Gordo Weather daily forecast in Bold Red Print.

<span class="ev_code_RED">"MORE SNOW TODAY" buy mittens and snow blowers ...click here!</span> if you want warmth...marry a moose!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> MORE SNOW TODAY" buy mittens and snow blowers ...click here! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's all thats needed in these parts

its not so bad yet, I guess it's only been down to around minus 8 so far its like a summers day

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    On one of my content sites I have a link to Weather Underground which displays a small banner with weather info for my area. I can't say for sure it's doing anything nasty in the background but I haven't seen signs of it yet.

It's free. Enter your town info in the search box, check your current weather and then scroll down the page to where it says "Add a Weather Sticker to your homepage." The results seem to match our Nationa Weather Service results so it's a safe bet it uses that data. Don't know about Canadian results, though the service is available for Canada.

Wayne

Thanks for helping me out you guys. I decided on the hamweather.com one in the end as this I thought integrated into my site and looked just like it was on my site. I have it up and running but there are a lot of improvements to be made yet.

I got the php version and the snowfall report is only on the Perl version for the time being so I guess when I get back I will be swapping it all back over to Perl

If anyone wants to pass coments on the site it is here

YouTrek

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread