As all of us must have seen so many sites using high quality images. When you look at them they are just like original photos. Yet the pages are so fast to load.

My question is how do they do it? I mean how to make the images load faster on pages still dont loose the quality? I have tried optimizing the images but at the end the quality is not the same. As soon as I add 5 or more images the page becomes relatively slow.

Any suggestions please?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Hello Ahmar,

One helpful tip is to convert your final .JPEG image to a .GIF. Generally, when you do this it will appear identicle to the .JPEG image but will instantly reduce the image bytes because of the amount of colors used.

One tool we use avidly for our crunching the .GIF images even further is the Ultra Gif Optimizer. It does a pretty good job in my opinion.

You can get more info from our site if you wish http://designerwiz.com/generator/jpe...r_cruncher.htm , or go to exactcom.com site.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

The best way to get the best looking images that load fast is to use a program like Macromedia FireWorks and break the image up into smaller images..then stack them on top of each other so they look like one image.
    This makes it look like the page loads really fast because your loading a bunch of smaller images instead of one big image that slows down your browser.

I have one header image that is actually broken down into six images
    the total size of the image is about 68k but once I broke it down
    into smaller images each image is only about 8k which loads really fast
    the header loads really quickly.. or it "LOOKS" like it does..
    because there is no lag to load the entire 68k image the little 8k images
    load - pop -pop -pop -pop and it "LOOKS" like it loads fast..
    does that make sense?

my final images are usually jpeg because like you I like to see great images
    converting some images to gif images like photos will usually compromise quality
    gif images use fewer colors than jpeg and therefore the quality is not as good as jpeg.
    This is simply a way to make a quality image "look" like it loads fast..
    which is what I think your after..

hope that helps..

A good low cost high quality tool to use is Ulead PhotoImpact 10. It can handle all of your photo optimizing needs ( .jpg & .gif ) and you can create quality web or print graphics with it too. You can optimize and save your photos as low resolution .jpgs (72 dpi) without loosing quality if you reshapen the image after size and resolution reduction.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Thanks everyone for great help. I will give them all a try and lets see what works best for me.

Thanks again.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread