I have an idea. I'd appreciate some critique and advice. Here's what I'm thinking:

Use internal links for products on my site.

Links go to a program module on my server that issues an http request to the merchant site with my affiliate code. The parasite never sees the merchant link.

The module receives the merchant's page returns, it to the client browser, and sets the cookie with my id. My site url is still in the browser address bar, The browser is still on my site, but all the links on the page are direct to other pages on the merchant site. Like the buy buttons, for example.

From that point on the client can navigate around the merchant's site and my cookie is still in there. Hopefully the parasite doesn't know what happened.

I plan to use asp.net for this. Any comments? will it work?

Good idea, I thought about this myself with php/curl a few months ago, but decided against it as it was an idea that would likely get me booted from the programs.

Unfortunately, once the parasite sees the merchant url in the browser, they will make the switch. Either that or wait until they are about to check out via the shopping cart.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thank you for displaying how the cookie stuffers try to keep up with the BHO parasites. Now combine some product datafeeds with your auto cookie stuffing page display script and you'll have a strong base for the "poorman's BHO". While your here with this brain fart be sure to brush up on SE and PPCSE spam techniques and touch base with the AM's willing to passout feeds to any breathing affiliate.

Just remember.... you too can be a Titanium Award winner if you fly under the radar.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike, please shut-up and read what I posted. This has nothing to do with cookie stuffing.

And for the last time, if you don't like the way my scripts work, GET OVER IT. Email me directly and we can talk, but attacking my scripts and what I do, doesn't do anything but confuse others and make your post count go up. It's not the tools, it's how you use them.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.

Cditty you can justify selling cookie Nuke bombs for cash money just like TopMoxie does. Common copout is it's just a misused tool, especially when sold to any tom-Dick & Harriet to come down the pike. Do you sell insurance policies for the scripts to guarantee they pass the Google smell test?

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Sorry H. I just don't like getting attacked by someone who thinks that every new bit of web technology is evil and if you use it you are evil too. I esp don't like it when I am compared to top moxie and called a cookie stuffer when there is no way I am either.

It must be a personal thing with him also as I never see him attacking any of the other people that write and sell their stuff.

I'll go back into lurking mode and stop answering again.

Later

cditty,

It was meant for Mike, not you. I fully understand and agree with you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Haiko whatever happened to that ignore feature you promised

ABW Ambassador
    You should train Mike like a dog. Every time he does this just delete his post. Or get some mods for each forum so they can delete the trash.

I don't know if Mike was talking about me or cditty. I admire Mike's dedication to exposing and combatting the thieves. But my idea has nothing to do with theft of other aff's commissions. It is my attemp to thwart the schemes of thieves to get my commission.

Even if I would distribute my script to other aff's, I don't see how they could use it to steal.

It's controlled by my server. You have to be on my site, find a product you like, click the link on my site to get the merchant page. If you click a link on my site, the click belongs to me. If I use my server to stuff my cookie and fool the parasite, I have not done anything dishonest. I've just tried to defeat the resident parasite that wants to steal my click. The cookie can only get stuffed when you click the link on my site. It's my click, my cookie. I deserve the credit.

No BHO, no drive by, no nothing, Once you leave my site, you're gone. The only thing you take with you is my cookie that you got from clicking a link on my site. Which is the way aff links are supposed to work in the absence of parasites.

Mike was refering to me. He doesn't like the fact that I write and sell programs that help affiliates use datafeeds quicker.

It seems that if it makes life easier for affiliates, then it is evil and that I should be taken out and beaten for being BHO like.

Chris

Perfect example of the auditron cookie stuffer's mentality....

"It's controlled by my server. You have to be on my site, find a product you like, click the link on my site to get the merchant page. If you click a link on my site, the click belongs to me. If I use my server to stuff my cookie and fool the parasite, I have not done anything dishonest. I've just tried to defeat the resident parasite that wants to steal my click. The cookie can only get stuffed when you click the link on my site. It's my click, my cookie. I deserve the credit."

What a crock of crap. The damn BHO will pop the moment your forced cookied shopper navigates the merchants site or comes back later to buy something. The poorman's BHO cookie stuffing iframe trick is designed to not thwart BHO overwrites. It's designed to make thousands of SERP spam doorway pages to set mass numbers of cookies hoping some will stick.

I'm not mad at Cditty as he makes a feed tool that... with lot's of site integration techniques... makes for enhancing the merchant's barebone feed offerings. It's just that he caters to sub-scripts designed for black-hat doorway pages, cookie stuffing iFrames indirectly supporting the mass execution of feed sites from the SERPs just like Webmerge did..

Like the networks do with BHO's, it's easy to divert the criticism when he has no desire or controls on how his programs are used. Just cause the majority of his clients are cookie setting terrorists doesn't mean he doesn't have some jewels in his crown. I think Phillyburbs and a few other ABWers properly use his tools to better the raw feeds. The feed freeks had their SERP heyday and are seeking a new quick fix by tweeking the auto cookie setting process.

I'm sure an apology to "raywood" is in order if he's willing to post his domain name.

Defeating Parasites is a tough task to accomplish and to do this we (the ones that don't like the leaches) all have to put aside our differences and come up with a plan (I know I always dream big!).

Thousands and Thousands of Affiliate is getting screwed every seconds of our life and complaining, whining, reporting, etc is not doing anything to stop these scums!
    Why?

When all of us agree and get together to stop this, only then we can get our fair treatment!

Thousands of us cannot defeat this thieving treatment is always blows my mind!

Fire up!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread