I recieved an email from you yesterday about your foreign parts partner stating you LOOKED at my site.

FORD MUSTANG is not FOREIGN.

You also have MUCH better ways of getting ahold of me than sending a spam to "webmaster."

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    A,

I know your site well. This was not SPAM, I am sending you an invitation to join our program based on who you are linking to presently.

If you are linking to any of my clients competitors, you are getting an invitation from me. You don't have to acknowledge, you can simply ignore and i won't bother you.

However, my job is to be sure that everyone wins in this game, and by letting you know that we consider you a potential partner, i am doing my job. My client wins, you win, your customers win...

We are bestforeignparts, however we do carry many domestic parts - including FORD parts. Look here Not only are you linking to a competitor, you have FORD traffic. That is why your site was invited to join...

No worries though, you won't get any paper catalogs and I will remove you from my FORD list...

Cheers...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Please educate me Andy on how that links shows any of the thousands of parts for the various ford models or years shown. Looks like the typical database feed ecatalog that has absoultely no hint their are any products in any of the categories. I tried 7 different Ford models and years for all the various common categories and NADDA a part found.

This one is a shoppers nightmare as there is no HTML category displays to even start as a home base. Ten minute datafeed site with 200,000 options filled with 10,000 parts from a datafeed distributor CDRom. You must have 5000 models makes and parts categories completely blank. Weed the bugger till their are no blanks anywhere. Every single autoparts distributor who tried this as a simple sales ecatalog vehicle is no longer in the etailer business. That inclused those with millions in web development funding and VC capital.

With No part # paper catalog in their hands the shopper is dead in the water. I think thats why they employ folks to look through the racks of parts catalogs on the counters of every auto parts store in the country. No customer on the other side of the counter is trained enough to even use them. I'd ring the neck of the owners in this one by having no consumer shopping habit knowledge.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I tried 7 different Ford models and years for all the various common categories and NADDA a part found.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yep - I checked the Fox models (Fairmont, Thunderbird, etc) and didn't see ANY engine parts -- and the Ford 302 v8 was one of the most popular engines ever built.

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've tried 4 seperate times over 3 weeks to find just one single auto part for USA and some foreign cars to see what the ecatalog/cart looks like. No such luck so far and even searches for oil/air filters, radiators, alternators etc etc turn up nothing. First shopper who finds a part must get a prize. Silly waste of a great affiliate manager till they make a site that sells auto parts.

Maybe the datafeed folks at least can generate a active product landing page as the merchant sure can't.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread