Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello team,

The BestForeignParts datafeed is finally here.

If you have existing automotive traffic or you know how to develop traffic via a datafeed we have a full datafeed for you to use.

The feed has over 370K records, both foreign and domestic auto parts. It is not for everyone, you need to be somewhat experienced with feeds and have the ability to be creative in your presentation skills - but you can make mucho $$$ with this.

If you are interested, the feed is being made available and will be supported directly through BeFree. It is already encoded, all you need to add is your BF affiliate ID. You need to contact me and i will process your request.

Please send an email with subject line: BFP FEED

There is a HUGE opportunity on the SERPS with this baby.....this is ground floor, do any search on our products and you will see what I mean.

Who wants to make some money ?

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    hmmm. This seems up my alley.

Is this 370k products they can readily sell, or is it more of a "fill in this form & we'll see if we can get one" type feed?

Also.. BFP seems to be running very slowly. is this normal or just a temp glitch?

How big is the file? I haven't figured out yet how to handle those 100MB+ files, 60MB is about the biggest I use right now.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
    hmmm. This seems up my alley.

Is this 370k products they can readily sell, or is it more of a "fill in this form & we'll see if we can get one" type feed?

Also.. BFP seems to be running very slowly. is this normal or just a temp glitch?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete, you can absolutely dominate this vertical.....

All 370K+ plus parts get dropped right into the shopping cart....we worked it out with BF and our supplier and set it up that way.

Some descriptions are slim (nature of the industry) but all part names are there and complete.

NOTE: When you are working with this feed and this vendor, think about the market you are reaching.

These are auto parts folks, mostly OEM parts. The "target" market is mostly male, owns a set of tools, weekend/full time mechanics, think of how they would use a PC to find and order auto parts. If you can visualize this market/customer you are 90% of the way there. Next apply what you know about SEM and product names and you are set to make a killing in this vertical.

If any one reading this needs clarification and / or an explanation of what i said above, call or email me - I will show you how to make $$$$$$ with affiliate programs.

Let's make some money..

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xandman:
    How big is the file? I haven't figured out yet how to handle those 100MB+ files, 60MB is about the biggest I use right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[BUMP]

ABW Ambassador
    The downloaded zip file is almost 33,000K and once unzipped it's 415,794K with 370,774 rows.

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The downloaded zip file is almost 33,000K and once unzipped it's 415,794K with 370,774 rows. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I just started working with some databases from BeFree and some of them are extremely bloated. I'm able to prune them down considerably by importing into my own DB only the data I need. I don't need an extremely long product URL for every item when the only thing different is the item number. I just use ASP to generate a new URL for the item. Usually the same applies to the image URL.

I look at these file sizes and remember my old PCs with 20 & 40 meg hard drives.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    Email sent to the addy in you sig line

-------------
    <font size="1">There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.</font>

ABW Ambassador
    Andy, heres a suggestion you might want to consider and you might even want to mention to the folks at befree.

I hate tab delimited files because the nature of the text and field separation can't always be easily told. With a pipe | there is no doubt. I looked at this feed and I've made an error assuming what the fields are from the column header... Not hard to do all things considered and it's not the first time I've made a mistake on a befree datafeed either. If you could put a pipe between columns on line 1 "regardless of the format" instead of spaces / tabs it would make things a little easier from the get go IMO.

My preference for datafeeds is definately pipe delimited and I know befree knows this. Perhaps the pipe delimited version isn't available with this one but it sure would be nice if the columns were easily discernable.

** Have you asked for change? **

Javi, the BFP feed is in your FTP account.

HP, I hear you and you're not alone in your preference for pipe delimited format. But you're not in the majority. Computers don't care what the delimiter is and therefore, most people who use them don't care.

We standardized on this format a long time ago and changing to a different one is impossible without affecting hundreds of people, obviously. Adding a second set of standards would require new resources to process this.

There's a benefit to conforming to a standard. I had you set up seconds after your request to Andy got to me. Javi's got his feed after merely mentioning it on a message board. If I had to worry about what format you want and set things up special, it could take days. If I can do something in a few seconds, I'll do it as soon as I get the request. If it's going to take me even 15 minutes, I have to put it behind other things I'm doing. How long does it take to get a feed from the others?

Anyway, gotta have pipe? Try this on a *nix machine:

tail -1 datafeed.txt | tr '\t' '|' > header.txt

and you'll have your header row in pipe format.

Use 'cat' instead of 'tail -1' and you'll have your whole feed in your format.

Thanks for understanding.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not on nix but I think this will do

pChar = &szHeader[0];
    while (1)
    {
    pChar = strchr(pChar, '\t');
    if (pChar)
    *pChar='|';
    }

Some things are clearer than others right LOL.

I understand the issue but that doesn't mean an attachment or something that enables the most basic understanding of what you're dealing with wouldn't be nice up front.

Most datafeed users who work with this datafeed will have extensive dp skills. These people commonly work with specs that are provided in a readable format. Your standardizations severly lack here and these same people will get unmotivated and become unwilling to mess when it when the schema is not even discernable.

Yall "un-standardized" this feed in the first place to "force it to work" and IMO you would have been better off providing a secondary feed for replacement information as well. I doubt you'll have to many flat file users involved in this datafeed which means we now put on our database and programming hats and start write programs to break out the crap into a real workable database solution - or do we?

Thanks for your understanding.

** Have you asked for change? **

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Scott! That was fast

-------------
    <font size="1">There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    The downloaded zip file is almost 33,000K and once unzipped it's 415,794K with 370,774 rows.

Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.
    ===================================<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks much!

http and a telephoto
    Andy and/or Scott, can I get the datafeed added to my BeFree account? I was approved after I was set up. And Andy, ditto on the overflowing mailbox, can't email you directly

Deborah Carney
    I don't need your traffic, I have my own!
    Cool ~~ Networks
    http://cool-networks.net

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread